Chapter Seventy Four

"Cissy, this is delicious." Clarice complimented while biting into her steak. 

"Thank you, secret recipe... and by secret I mean I got it from some..." She trailed off realizing what she was about to say. Muggle

"Woman in Diagon Alley." She corrected herself. Clarice smiled slightly to the woman. 

"Now Severus." Lucius started about some random topic Clarice didn't want to listen to. Unfortunately, she couldn't drown them out. "I know you can feel it. It stings... in a good way almost."

"I must say Lucius, I haven't noticed. Maybe a tingle here or there, but nothing to get excited over quite yet." Severus said. 

"You know Clarice, they don't ask us wives to join the Deatheaters." Narcissa gently tapped Clarice's hand pulling her attention away from the men who carried a conversation. 

"Really?" She tried to act interested. 

"We kind of have our own society. We essentially host parties and cook for them and merely support them. Deatheater by association. We're called the Silver Sisters." She explained. 

"That's... very misogynistic." Clarice whispered. Narcissa laughed. 

"I'm glad I'm not the only who thought that." She whispered back. "But you are welcome to join us if you wish. Don't feel obligated."

"I'll think about it." She smiled. 

Clarice was getting quite tired of the Deatheater banter and turned to Draco. 

"Tell me Draco, what can I do to improve my class this year?" She asked him. 

"Erm. Well. I don't know. I like your classroom." He said. 

"There has to be something new I can do." 

"Redecorate?"

"I like the way it is though." 

"Then what do you need my help for?"

"This is the only time I will ever ask for your input. Use it wisely." She chuckled. Draco's face lightened up as well. 

"Well maybe you could keep your suitcase in the classroom so we can help out more. Instead of you having to bring them for your quarters everyday."

"That's a good idea actually."

"And maybe you could do step by step potions along with us instead of reading the directions."

"Noted."

"And perhaps... Wait that's stupid. Nevermind."

"What?" 

"Nothing," He laughed. "You're gonna laugh."

"Well if you want it to happen I need to know."

"Maybe you could let us have snacks." 

"Is that it?" 

"Yes."

"Perhaps we could arrange that." 

"You're lucky to have such caring teachers, Draco. Don't take that for granted." His mother spoke. Dinner was finished as tea was served with some biscuits no one touched. The men had left the women to sit with their whiskey in the other room. They could just overhear them talking about the Dark Lord and Narcissa sighed out loud. 

"It's all he talks about."  Narcissa said. "I'm sorry I know I shouldn't complain. I'm just tired of talking about his return."

"Severus gets like that too. Now more than ever." She lied. "I kind of miss just us every once in a while."