Chapter Thirty

"Claire, baby. It's time to get up. We're gonna be late to our classes." Severus gently brushed Clarice's face as her eyes fluttered open. 

"What time is it." She asked. 

"Six. We need to get ready and go to breakfast." He told her. She groaned and swung her legs out of bed. 

"You shower already?" She asked him seeing his wet hair. 

"I figured I'd let you sleep a little longer. There's still hot water." He told her and she padded to the bathroom to freshen up. 

After stepping out, she wrapped herself in a towel and walked back into the bedroom. 

"I got you some of your clothes from your room." Severus said from his desk and pointed to the clothes on the bed. 

"Thank you." She walked over and picked up what he had brought her. "All black?"

"I thought it'd be nice if we matched." He chuckled. "I'm also not good with matching colors."

Clarice frowned. She didn't want to look boring, but she didn't want him to feel bad. She slipped into the tight black dress that went down to her knees and fastened the black flats on her feet. 

"I'm wearing my yellow cape." She stated while grabbing the cape from the floor in the living room. 

"I can't believe I forgot to throw that thing out." He said while helping her get the wrinkles out. 

"If you ever do anything to my favorite cape I will hex you into next week." She said lovingly and then pecked his lips. 

"Shall we go to breakfast?" He asked her and she nodded. 

The corridors were littered with children and Clarice held onto his Severus' hand to keep him from taking points away. After sitting at the table and helping herself to some toast and blackberry jam, she turned to McGonagall. 

"Minnie,  when is the first trip to Hogsmeade?" She asked. 

"Not until October, but you know you can go whenever. Right?" She told her. 

"Oh yeah, I know. I was just gonna say if you need more chaperones, I'd be happy to tag along." She said. 

"I will let Albus know.  Thank you Clarice." She said. The students started filing out and Severus stood up and put his hand on her shoulder. 

"I'll see you at lunch." He said and walked out. She decided it would be best if she went to her first class as well so she made her way down to Hagrid's hut. 

"Ah Professor Bates!" 

"Hello Hagrid, how are you this morning?" She asked him as he stood up from his stool. 

"Nervous. But I'm sure this class will be fine." He told her. 

"I hope so. Gryffindor and Slytherin third years? I don't know what we were thinking grouping these guys together." She laughed nervously as she saw the students making their way down the hill. They all followed their teachers more into the forest after Hagrid told them he had a real treat for them today.  

"Now form a group over there and open your books to page twenty two." Hagrid told them. 

"How exactly do we do that?" Clarice heard Draco mutter. Clarice walked over to him. 

"So just use two fingers to stroke the spine, like this. They calm down immediately." She said and smiled at Draco who gave her a weird look. She watched each student do it correctly, even Neville who almost always has trouble with something.