Chapter Eighty

Days passed on and Clarice was back on her feet in no time. She was preparing to take the children to Diagon Alley for their school supplies when Elio came down in the funkiest outfit she'd ever seen.

"What are you wearing?"

"I dressed myself." He said proudly.

"I see!" She giggled, but didn't dare tell him to go change. Instead that's how they went out.

They let the kids go out on their own and she watched from afar her four students heading towards some bookshop Hermione wouldn't stop talking about.

"I'm glad they're friends. If you told me a year ago whatever that just was I would never believe you." Clarice told Severus as they headed towards the ice cream shop.

"I'm having a hard time figuring out if Draco likes Potter or Granger more." Severus chuckled.

"Poor Ronald." Clarice sighed dramatically which made them laugh.

"Will he be your next project?"

"What? Getting the boy a date?" She asked and they laughed again. "Pansy or Hannah?"

"Uh neither!"

"Susan?"

"He'd be offended you set him up with another ginger." Severus said.

"Lavender?"

"Well maybe."

"Luna!"

"Luna Lovegood? And Weasley?" Severus questioned her sanity.

"Yes. I'm not joking this time. I think they just need a push." She said.

"You are crazy."

"We should catch up with the kids," Severus suggested.

"Make sure Hermione didn't buy the whole bookshop?" Clarice laughed as they headed out with Elio in hand.

The couple bought all the kids lunch and was pleasantly surprised that some of their other students stopped by to say hello.

They were more surprised to bump into the Weasley's which led to Ron being embarrassed by his mothers hugs and kisses.

"Mooom..." He whined and tried pushing her away. It made her cling to Elio a little harder.

After their shopping trip, the lot of them floo'd back to the manor where the kids went up to their rooms to sort through their new supplies. Clarice had gotten a few things of her own for her classroom.

"Did you really need more candles?" Severus asked her.

"Is that even a question?" She scoffed while placing them into the trunk she planned on taking with her to Hogwarts.

"What's this bag for?" He asked.

"Oh! I almost forgot... I got something for each of the kids." She grabbed the bag from him and pecked his cheek before heading upstairs.

"Ron, can I come in?" She knocked on the door.

"Mmph!" He responded and Clarice laughed when she saw him eating some droobles.

"I got something for you, to start the school year off on a good note." She sat beside him on the bed and pulled out some quills. He looked at her funny, but none the less accepted them gracefully. A smile played on her face as she turned back to her bag.

"Oh! Almost forgot... Here." She pulled out a broom and handed it to the boy.

"A Firebolt?!" He exclaimed and jumped off the bed to examine it. Clarice couldn't contain her smile as she watched the boy.