Chapter Four

Clarice had just finished up her breakfast and was making her way to greenhouse one for her very first class. She was slightly nervous, but more excited to finally be able to start. She did notice that Severus wasn't at breakfast, but remembered what Pomona had told her about him not typically eating with the other staff.

Clarice entered the greenhouse and was greeted by Professor Sprout.

"Clarice I really do apologize to do this to you on your first day, but one of my students is practically super glued to the ceiling in the dorms. Do you think you can handle doing this on your own?" She sprung this news without even letting Clarice place her cup of tea on the desk.

"I believe so, they're just first years right?" Clarice asked and Pomona nodded.

"Yes, first year Slytherins and Ravenclaws this class, third year Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs next, and then second year Slytherins and Gryffindors after lunch... good luck with that bunch. You can introduce mandrakes to the second years. The third years can start with a review of last years curriculum and the first years won't know a single thing, so just introduce them to the subject and tell them a few of your stories to get them interested. In fact, you should share a story with each class. Maybe that will make them pay attention!" She said and hurried out the door leaving Clarice all alone. She had about five minutes before her students arrived, so she organized the desk and wrote a quick list of things she wanted to discuss with the first years.

***

"And that is why it is very important to pack an extra pair of underpants if you plan on harvesting Devils Snare!" She finished her story with the first years and they bursted out laughing. She had finished just in time for her first class to head off to their next class.

"Before you leave, I'm going to give you a little assignment," She said and the class groaned hoping they were about to get off easy. "Hey now, it's not much! I want you all to come back next class and share the plant you are most interested in learning about and why. No essays just yet, sound good?"

The students annoyance turned into smiles and they wished her a wonderful rest of her day as they left her alone. Satisfied with her first successful class, she couldn't help but smile to herself. She had about twenty minutes until her next class showed up, so she ran to use the loo and when she returned, she had a note on her desk.

𝕮𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖈𝖊,

ℑ 𝔞𝔭𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔦𝔷𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔟𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔶𝔬𝔲, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 ℑ 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔴𝔬𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔦𝔣 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔤𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔐𝔬𝔩𝔶 𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔰 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔪𝔶 𝔰𝔲𝔭𝔭𝔩𝔶 𝔠𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔢𝔱𝔰.

𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖚𝖘 𝕾𝖓𝖆𝖕𝖊

Clarice smiled at her little note from Severus and was happy he was taking her up on her offer about getting him herbs that were difficult to get your hands on. She decided to write back to him.

𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓾𝓼,

𝓞𝓯 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮. 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽.

~ 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓬𝓮 𝓙. 𝓑𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼

She turned it into a paper airplane and sent it flying out the door. Not long after, her next class began filing in. Third year Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs, seemed easy enough. She began going over the curriculum from last year to see what they had remembered. They seemed pretty into the subject, so she decided to end class with something fun