Chapter Sixty Nine

"Could you check in around two this afternoon?" Severus asked her the following morning.

"I suppose. What for?" She replied while he feeding Elio his breakfast.

"Fourth Years are making a debilitating potion." He said.

"That potion should be illegal." She said.

"Agreed, but it's part of their curriculum."

"I'll come."

"Thank you. I'm going to head out. I'll see you for lunch." Severus pecked her lips and kissed Elio on the forehead before leaving the great hall.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Who is that?" Elio pointed to a tall man walking through the door.

"Remus!" Clarice exclaimed and enveloped him in a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"Albus asked me to finish up the year as the Dark Arts professor. Alastar doesn't want to work here anymore." Remus explained.

"Well I can't imagine why." Clarice smiled. "Have you eaten?"

"I have and I have to get to the classroom. Just wanted to say hi." He waved to Elio.

"It's nice to have you back. We'll catch up later."

Clarice found her classroom and noticed the children were already inside. About to ridicule them for not waiting for her, she was surprised to see Albus at her desk. She shot him a questioning look.

"Professor Bates, I apologize for my unexplained presence, but there is someone in your quarters waiting to speak to you." Albus said and Clarice narrowed her eyes at him.

"Why is he here?" She asked reading his mind to which he quickly shut her out.

"Go see him." He only said. "Bring Elio with you."

"Fine."

Clarice walked out of her room and walked towards her chambers.

"Now what the hell do you want?" Clarice said walking through the door with Elio on her hip.

There he sat, at her kitchen table, reading the prophet. Sirius Black.

"Well darling, it's nice to see you too." He placed the paper down.

"You're interrupting my classes." She frowned.

"I need to talk to you."

"It couldn't wait until the weekend?" She asked.

"Afraid not." He spoke.

"What is it?" She tried to read his mind. It seemed to be more difficult to get through minds of animagi. 

"Listen, before I start I want you to know that this is all just hypothetical." He began and she narrowed her eyes. 

"What did you do now?" She questioned. 

"I swear it wasn't my fault!" 

"Just lay it on me." She rolled her eyes. 

"Well... You haven't been to an official Order meeting yet." He began. 

"Correct... But I still consider myself a part of it." 

"Yes yes and we all do too. It's just that we all know Severus is as well." 

"And...?"

"Well... I'm just going to drop the ball. A majority of the members are skeptical to have you join because they don't entirely trust Severus... I do though! I promise, but there's going to be a meeting this weekend and I reckon you should show your face and introduce yourself." Sirius rambled.