Chapter Thirty Two

"Minnie! What's going on? Why are all of the students out of bed?" Clarice caught up with the witch as she was herding her house into the great hall. 

"How did you not know? Sirius Black was or is still in the castle!" She exclaimed. Clarice's brows furrowed. How did he manage to get past all of their security measures?

"Is everyone alright?" Clarice asked. 

"Yes, as of now. Students are sleeping in here tonight. You're welcome to stay and watch over or go back to your chambers." Minerva said. Clarice thought about staying, but decided it would be best she stay with her creatures. 

A few weeks had passed and there had been no other sightings of Black in the castle or anywhere around it. The air started to turn cold as the leaves changed color and fell to the ground. 

Clarice was just finishing up grading potions papers with Severus when Dumbledore came in. 

"Just the people I want to see!" He exclaimed cheerfully. 

"What has you so happy?" Severus asked in a bored tone. 

"I ate a strange candy Fred Weasley gave me and now I can't seem to stop smiling!" He chuckled. 

"You really shouldn't eat the things those boys give you." Clarice said. "They gave me one that turned my hair green last week. It took three days for it to go back to normal."

"Ah well. I suppose I was lucky. Anyways..." He said and sat down at a desk and stared at the two as if he was waiting for them to say something. 

"Can we help you?" Severus asked still bored. 

"Ah as a matter of fact you can. You see, Professor Lupin is feeling under the weather and I was hoping one of you could fill in for him tomorrow." Dumbledore said. 

"Sure, I wouldn't mind. A new class would be fun to teach." Clarice said while marking her current paper with an O. 

"No. I will teach the class Clarice. You can watch over all of my potions classes." Severus said abruptly. 

"Our potions classes." She corrected him and rolled her eyes.  He clearly has something devious planned for the DADA class tomorrow already. She could read him like a book. 

"Very well. Clarice, I will let Pomona and Hagrid know that you'll be busy with potions classes all day tomorrow." Dumbledore said. 

"Thank you Albus. Is there anything else?" She asked him. 

"Do you have a potion that will make me stop smiling? My cheeks are starting to cramp."  He said and Clarice giggled,  stood up, and walked to the closet. She came back with a small vial. 

"This should do it." She said. He thanked them both and went on his way. Clarice turned to Severus and raised an eyebrow at him. 

"What are you plotting?" She asked him. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He said innocently. She rolled her eyes. 

"What lesson do you plan on going over tomorrow?" She asked and he smirked. 

"Werewolves." He chuckled. 

"You're such an ass." She laughed and smacked him with her stack of papers. 

"Are you going to the quidditch game tomorrow?" Severus asked her. 

"Of course. I would never miss a match." She said. "I think I'm going to go back to my quarters."

"Alright, I'll see you later." He said and she went on her way. As she rounded the corner, she caught something black go down the hallway. She sped up and caught up just before it went down the stairs.