🍋 Chapter Sixty Seven 🍋

The more Clarice read through the potion directions, the more confused she actually became. It was the point where the directions told her to stir clockwise while also stirring counter clockwise with only one spoon. She wished Severus could explain how the hell that's even possible.

Seven hours, nine cups of tea , and four bathroom breaks later Clarice could barely keep her eyes open.

"Where the hell have you been?" Severus asked her when she finally walked through the door. "I've been worried sick about you and I couldn't find you anywhere. Almost sent out the aurors to find you."

"Don't be ridiculous. I was just busying myself." She replied.

"They caught fake Moody. Barty Crouch Jr. was behind it all." Severus said and Clarice simply nodded.

"He was a deatheater." He said.

"Sorry. Was he a friend of yours?" She spoke.

"Merlin no." He said quickly. "Where were you?" He stepped in front of her way. She slipped past him easily.

"Just busy." She said and that's when it hit him.

"You were making that damn potion. Weren't you?" She didn't respond. "You ignoring me means I'm right."

She still didn't answer.

"Damn you..." He muttered and strode over to his side of the bed. With his back turned to Clarice, he began undoing the many buttons to his attire. Clarice pretended to busy herself at her mirror and fumbled with her earrings before taking them off completely. It wasn't until Severus was shirtless, still not facing her way, where she caught herself staring at him through the mirror. She always adored his body; the freckles and birthmarks on his back stood out against his pale skin, but you could still easily make out small scars etched into his back.

Her gaze quickly went to her rings when he turned around to slip under the cold covers.

"Please join me instead of doing whatever it is you're doing." He said. Clarice gulped, brushed her hair behind her ear, and stood up.

"Just give me a minute." She said before locking herself in the bathroom. After freshening up, she grabbed her slip that was hanging on the bathroom door and changed.

Finding the bedroom to be pitch black wasn't what Clarice expected when she walked back in. In fact, she stumbled a few times as she managed to pull back the covers to slip under them.

Once she was settled, in her usual position with her back to Severus, she felt it. The rustle of the covers and a warm hand snake her torso and pull her in. She didn't dare move, she didn't dare breathe.

"Claire darling, I'm so sorry for what I put you through. I can't stand another night sleeping with our backs to eachother. I just can't..." She heard him speak. "You're my world. Please just talk to me. I miss you and I'm sorry."

"I forgive you." She whispered back to him in the dark. She felt his grip tighten around her waist and she nestled into his touch. Purposely, she nudged her bottom slightly and pressed against his groin area. She swore she heard a grunt of content come from Severus' throat and smiled devilishly although he couldn't see her.

She lightly traced his thigh with her finger before landing at the bottom hem of his boxers which she tugged gently. Dropping her hand slightly, she turned around to face him and pressed her forehead to his own. Their breath lingered on each other's lips while her hand began tracing his body once again. Finding herself at his V-line, she slipped a single finger into the waistband of his boxers.

Thinking for once she was in control and could play the dominant role, Severus quickly took action after realizing what she was after. Flipping her over so Clarice was fully on her back, Severus pinned her down with kisses. He kissed her cheeks, her neck, nose, forehead, and temple before she started to giggle at his childish side.