Chapter Fifty Eight

"Wake up! Wake up! It's Christmas!" Clarice woke with a startle, but quickly settled when she realized it was only Elio jumping up and down on her bed. Her eyes moved to see Severus watching in the doorway with a smirk on his face while motioning for her to come out to the living room. After throwing on her robe, she walked out to her living room and sat on the couch while Severus immediately gave her a cup of coffee.

"Presents!" Elio screamed at the top of his lungs; Clarice flinched at the high pitch noise emitting from him, but nonetheless allowed him to dive in.

"Why don't you hand them out Eli?" Severus told him even though he had already sorted through them all and had his own in a pile.

Clarice couldn't help but smile as he tore through the presents. Of course he had gotten new clothes, shoes, and all of the boring necessities you're supposed to get on Christmas, but he had also received a stuffed thunderbird with a vet kit, a remote controlled broom, his first potion making kit. He was ecstatic with everything.

The family had decided to spend breakfast in their room and were just wrapping up when they heard a knock on the door.

"It's open!" Clarice called out and watched the door open to reveal the rest of her family. Her mother, father, grandma, Gwen and her kids all walked in.

"Merry Christmas and happy wedding day!" Gwen took the seat next to Clarice.

"We brought more presents!" Her mother said while making a huge Santa sack appear out of thin air.

"And of course we have more for you guys as well." Severus spoke while waving his wand and making a new pile of presents appear.

"These kids are so spoiled." Her father, Magnus, said.

"Oh relax, it's Christmas." Clarice giggled. "Go ahead you guys, open up."

It was like a second Christmas, but better since everyone was with them. She watched Marnie open up the gift she had gotten for her and her smile glowed even brighter when she saw her reaction.

"No way! Roller skates!" She exclaimed.

"Really Claire? She could break her arm in those." Gwen whispered in her ears.

"Oh don't be such a negative Nancy. They're charmed so she won't fall over." Clarice reassured her and watched as Dylan opened his box full of her favorite textbooks. Magical creatures, potions, herbology, and divination.

"I am going to stay up all night reading these!" He said and hugged Severus before Clarice.

"There's something for Sophie too." Clarice summoned her gift and watched Gwen help Sophie open it. She pulled out a baby doll and nearly cried.

"It was ours. Do you remember? I found it in the attic of the cottage when I moved in." Clarice reminded her.

"Of course I remember! Baby Didi! This gift really makes my heart full," Gwen said.

"There's some baby clothes in there as well, but I was most excited for the doll." Clarice said while handing Gwen a box. "Here, this one's yours."

"I didn't think I'd get another gift being as last years gift was a house." Gwen chuckled but still opened the gift. "It's stunning."

Gwen held up the pendant Clarice had given her. It had her birthstone with her kids birthstones around it.

"I love it, thank you. Help me put it on?" Gwen asked and Clarice helped her out.

Clarice watched as her parents opened up their gifts from her. Her father had gotten wizard robes to help blend in and her mother had gotten a never ending candle that Clarice had made with amortentia. Grandma opened up her box and pulled out a chest full of potions.