The Letter

My Dearest Clarice,

I have been trying to figure what I wanted to write to you; believe it or not this is my thirteenth attempt on writing this. I know you will be surprised to receive a letter from me, but I had no other option to resort to. Your thoughts and your words have been constantly running in my mind throughout the day and night as it gushed like a wind in my heart. 

Every time I think of you, I am hit with conflicting emotions and I do not know how to express or convey myself. You do not know what you have done to me and now I can not think of anything beyond you. You are the best, most genuine, and most loving person. 

I would say I'm sorry, but I know I owe you so much more than that. I could write it in a letter, send it to you, and there's still that chance that you'd throw this away without reading it. I could say it to you in person, but the mere sight of me might cause you to run away. I'm sorry that these are the responses I elicit from you because of how much of an idiot I've been. But please, if you happen to stumble upon this or you read enough of this letter before you decide to throw it away, remember that I know I've made a huge mistake. I'm sorry for everything.

Clarice, you are the light in my darkness, cure to my pain, relief to my stress. You are the light of my life... The singular resonating voice that pierces the darkness when no one can get through to me. You are my guiding light, my pillar of strength, my protector from the enemy that is myself. If you could ever find the strength to forgive me, I will never let anything hurt you and I promise to cherish you more than I ever have. 

You know where to find me. 

Severus Snape