Chapter Seventy Seven

As days dragged on, Clarice busied herself with her garden as Severus slaved over his cauldron trying to figure out a better way to make several potions. As Clarice dusted off her dirt stained hands on her apron, she heard a knock at the door. 

Behind it stood Albus, who she really wasn't surprised to see. What did surprise her was Harry standing sheepishly behind him. 

"Afternoon, Clarice. I hope I'm not interrupting anything." He stepped in as she let the boys through. 

"Not at all. What a lovely surprise to see the both of you." She placed her hand on Harry's back and guided them to their family room. "Sev! We have company."

As Clarice yelled, Elio's head popped out from the kitchen where he had been coloring and silently went back to what he was doing unfazed by the company he had. 

"To what do we owe the pleasure?" She asked as she conjured a pot of tea to go around. 

"I hate to do this to you both, but there's been a breach of trust in the Order." Albus stated quite seriously. Clarice raised an eyebrow and wondered if that's why Harry was with him. Did Harry tell someone about it?

"Who?" She asked with furrowed brows. Severus came in and sat down next to her on the couch.  She scrunched her nose. "You reek of toad hide."

"Sorry, I'm trying it out in new potions." He muttered and Clarice sent the smell away with a wave of her hand. 

"Anyways, who did we mistrust?" Clarice stared at Albus. 

"Mundungus Fletcher." He stated. 

"Do you want me to comment on that or just say I told you so and move on?" Clarice raised an eyebrow. 

"No comment necessary. As a result though, we have to move headquarters and also move Harry. I was hoping you two would be able to help with this." Albus said. 

"We can look after Harry." Clarice spoke with no hesitation. She was always the hospitable one even though she could feel Severus' glare. 

"Not only that, but the next meeting for next month..."

"You want us to host?" She asked. 

"If you don't mind. Just for the time being. Until we figure out a new spot." Albus said. 

"Of course Albus. Is there anything else?" She asked.

"That is all. Owl me with anything you might need." They said goodbye and Albus apparated away leaving Harry with them. 

"Harry, come with me. I'll show you your room." Clarice motioned for him to follow her up the stairs. 

"Our room is there if you ever need anything. That's Elio's. The other rooms are all spares. I'll let you choose which one you like best and I'll go grab your trunk. 

She came back to find Harry in the room furthest down the hall. This one was her favorite as well. It had the best view of the grounds and was a calming sage green color. 

"You can decorate however you want. I won't mind. Let's leave your stuff here though and I'll show you the rest of the manor." She gave him the tour and showed him everything in and out, the secret doors, the river down back, even where her and Severus' studies were. As they ended the tour in the kitchen, she sat him down. 

"I do want to let you know that Draco will be visiting here as well. I didn't want to mention anything to Albus because I feel like he wouldn't have liked that, but I know the two of you have grown a little closer." She told Harry. She could have sworn she a light in his eye, but didn't dare pry into his mind to see where their friendship lie. That was for him to share.