Chapter Thirty Nine

"What are we doing? This isn't the cottage." Clarice said as Severus apparated them to a nearby farm.

"You're right, we're getting a Christmas tree." He told her. "And you can pick it out."

"Oh! Alright then." She said as she started hunting for the perfect tree. It wasn't long until she came along a silly looking tree with bald spots and droopy branches. 

"I don't want to cut it down," She frowned. 

"This is the one you want?" Severus questioned taking in its dreadful appearance. 

"I can uproot it and we can salvage it." She said while taking out her wand. Severus rolled his eyes, but nonetheless helped her uproot and pot it back in her cottage. 

"Only you would save a half dead pine tree." He kissed her cheek. Clarice giggled and used her wand to decorate the tree with ornaments and tinsel. 

"Will you do the honor?" She asked him while handing him the gold star tree topper. 

"Certainly," He told her as he placed it at the top of the tree. It was slightly crooked, but Clarice thought it looked perfect. She waved her wand and watched the cottage transform into a Christmas wonderland. 

"Perfect," Severus said. 

"Not quite, needs more presents!" Clarice said and with another flick of her wand, there were about twenty presents under the tree. 

"When did you have time to Christmas shop?" He asked her. 

"When I was buying you muggle clothes, I went a little crazy," She said. "Tea?"

"Please," He told her and she put the kettle on as he stirred the fireplace. He found himself over by her cabinet looking over her personal store of potions. 

"Here love," She handed him his tea just as he liked it. Many would assume he likes it as is, but the man really enjoyed cream and sugar in it. 

"You have quite the collection." He told her. 

"I know, but most of them are from my mother. I haven't had the need to use any of them." She told him.

"Veritaserum?" He asked her while holding onto a vile. 

"Again, it was my mothers."

"It's not an easy potion to make." Severus told her. 

"I know, that's why I haven't used it," She laughed. 

"I have more at the school." He said. 

"What are you suggesting?" She asked. 

"Shall we spill our secrets?" He teased. She took the vile out of his hand and counted three drops in her tea. 

"Ask away."

"What is your dream for us as a couple?" He asked her. The potion made her feel sleepy and she almost didn't realize what she was saying until it was already spilling from her lips. 

"For us to be happily married with children and plenty of creatures," She told him. 

"And how many children is ideal for you?" He asked. 

"At least three." 

"What's something that scares you?"

"Losing the ones I love."

"What makes you excited?" He teased. 

"Seeing you unzipper your pants," She laughed. 

"I see the potion is wearing off." He chuckled.