coming out

idk if this might be a sensitive topic for some but here's a warning just in case.

Y/N'S POV

"no no y/n you're not gay." said my very upset and angry mom over hearing what i just said to her.

"yes i am. i'm sorry but it's not something i asked to be or chose. i've been gay the minute i came out of the womb and nothing you'll ever do will change that about me." i said trying to be brave not expecting this major of a reaction. i knew my parents were religious and probably wouldn't ever understand or like it and maybe live with it like they did when a cousin of mine came out as bisexual but i didn't think my mom would deny that part of me.

"no daughter of mine is gonna be gay!" my dad said with a very stern look in his eyes which i had never seen in him until now.

"dad like i said, i didn't choose this. god made me like this. he made me to be special and to love in a unique way. that's all! it doesn't change who i am as a person i'm still your daughter and still the same girl you know and love." i was now tearing up not believing what my dad just said to me.

"you can't be our kid if you're gonna be gay. you very well know what we taught you that the bible forbids homosexuality. what you're feeling is a sin." my mom said slamming one down as she turned to the verses.

"mom that book wasn't written by god it was written by men that's been translated and translated and misread its all the same passage that says you can't wear cotton and eat pork." i said pouting to those parts too.

"that's the old testament y/n. look you can either live here and live your life the way we brought you up or god intended for you or you can get the hell out because there will be no gays in this household." my mom said.

"and you will obey us while you're living under this roof! you must repent and pray to be cured of this poison! if you don't you're burning in hell!" my father then yelled grabbing my arm rather hard and tightly that it hurt as he and my mother starting to pray. i was now crying and struggling to pull away.

"stop it! get away from me leave me alone! i don't need to be fixed!" i sobbed as i broke loose finally and raced off grabbing my bag. i knew full well i was no longer welcome or even their child anymore in their eyes. i was gonna go somewhere and go to someone where i was wanted and loved for who i was. billie!

as i raced away going out the door i heard my mother utter a slur making me even more hurt then i already was. i just didn't need them making me feel this way. i took the subway and made my way to billie's apartment building and went to buzz her place.

"h-hello who's here? benny you better have a good excuse like more free food for being here again this la-" billie began over the speaker thinking it was the man at the chinese place where she ordered from that was smitten with her but was oblivious to the fact she wasn't straight.

"b-billie." my voice coming out raspy.

"y/n? are you okay? you don't sound good come in lemme just unlock the front door for you" billie said knowing i wasn't okay as the bell buzzed. i made my way in and took the elevator to the 3rd floor where billie was and knocked on the door. billie in her sweatpants and her hoodie opened the door to see me with red blood shot eyes with some tear stains. the minute i saw billie i just lost it and collapsed against her as billie didn't know what else to do but just hug me back and stroke my hair.

"hey hey, shhh i got you! oh, love." billie shushed caressing my head and back. billie now was really concerned being she'd never seen me get upset like this being i almost never cried like this. i wanted to get the words out as to what but all that came out and escaped from my lips were just wails and weeping.