work ❗️

PRETEND BIL ISNT AN ARTIST BUT OWNS A RECORD LABEL? IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL IT? IDK YOULL SEE WHAT I MEAN AND YOU'RE A DIRECTOR

THIRD PERSON POV

"we are not delaying the release of his album just because he wants to record 3 extra songs"

billie cradles her work phone against her shoulder as she opens up her email. a headache was starting to form behind her eye as she scrolls through five very similar titled emails from the same person. all of which were in all caps lock and billie wonders why on earth she ever agreed to sign this particular artist. then remembered he was related to the owner in some way and sure enough, nepotism will always win in this industry.

she contemplates hanging up but her professionalism prevents her from doing that so billie takes a deep, calming breath and continues to listen to the artist's manager.

"no." she says again and rolls her eyes. she regrets it immediately as it makes her headache worse.

"i don't care if he pays extra for studio time, i'm not letting my people work long hours to accommodate his requests. the album drops next week."

billie leans back against her chair and tilts her head back to stare at her ceiling. it already took forever to record the album in the first place because he wasn't satisfied with anything and billie had to sit through almost every session so he didn't throw a fit.

"look, cameron, i don't care if he's bruce's godson, step-nephew in law, or fourth son, he signed a contract. so the next time if he wants to talk, call legal. goodbye, cameron." she hangs up the phone and puts her folded hands on her desk and rests her head on them.

"bad time?" billie sits up immediately and a smile automatically forms on her face when she sees y/n standing at her office door.

"what are you doing here?" billie is already out of her chair and greeting her girlfriend with a kiss.

"i thought you were filming all day." y/n runs her hand through billie's hair, fixing a few strands.

"i was but half the cast got food poisoning last night at a party they attended so had to shut down production for today. so i thought i'd bring you lunch." she holds up a picnic basket that billie only just noticed she was carrying.

"seems like you could use a break." billie smiles gratefully as she takes y/n's hand and leads them to the couch in her office.

"have i told you how much i love you lately?" y/n settles on the couch and puts the picnic basket by her feet.

"hmm, you were always so much better at show than tell." she winks and pulls billie down. billie stumbles a little and tries to find a comfortable spot on y/n's lap.

"you're wearing a skirt?" y/n looks down at the plaid skirt billie was wearing and bites her lip.

"yeah because i haven't done laundry in a few days and skirts are the only clean things i have for work right now." she makes a face.

"very uncomfortable." the skirt rides up as billie moves against y/n's lap.

"very hot." y/n says in a low voice and runs her hand up her thigh.

"baby, i'm at work," billie warns. she jumps when    y/n's fingers graze the edge of her underwear. y/n grins again and removes her hand.

"i got us taco bell." she says instead and reaches into the picnic blanket.

they eat their lunch with nice conversation and billie's headache disappears. they eventually find themselves horizontal on the couch with billie's head against y/n's chest as y/n runs her hand up and down her back in a soothing motion.