hold me

Y/N POV

it was one of those nights. the kind of night where loneliness took over and i felt as though everything would inevitably fall apart. the kind of night where emptiness and sadness mixed. the kind of night where i wanted to be alone, but also wanted someone to hold me and silently let me know everything would be alright.

i lay on my bed, the tv going in the background, but i was barely paying attention to it. i just didn't want it to be quiet. the silence was overwhelming, and so quiet that it was loud. it didn't make sense. that was just how it felt.

the door opened and i found the energy to lift my head enough to see who it was.

billie stepped in, and smiled at me softly, closing the door behind her.

"hey, i didn't hear you knock." i said.

"i didn't." she said, raising her hand and showing me the key she held in it.

oh, right. i'd forgotten i'd given her a key. my neck was getting tired and i let my head fall.

"come on in, i'm just watching tv." i said.

billie entered the room, her footsteps moving slowly across the door to my bed.

"are you alright?" she asked. i shrugged, unable to give an answer.

the bed dipped and i felt billie's hand on my forehead.

"are you sick?" i slowly shook my head.

"i'm okay. i just get like this sometimes."

"like what?" billie asked.

"i don't really know how to explain it. i just..." i trailed off, not knowing how to explain it and not having the energy to try.

i was turned away from billie and couldn't see her face, but i was sure of the expression she had. eyebrows slightly furrowed, eyes narrowed, head tilted only just slightly. it was the face she usually had when faced with something she didn't quite know how to confront when dealing with me.

"is there anything i can do?" billie finally asked.

"just hold me?" i hadn't meant it to come out as a question. and it shouldn't have. i'd asked billie to hold me and stay with me plenty of times before. but asking her like this, right now, felt strange and uncomfortable to me. i wasn't used to asking for help when i was like this.

billie said nothing, but the bed dipped and she groaned slightly as she lay down beside me. she moved close so that her front was pressed against my back, her arm wrapped around me, holding me close. my hand moved to hold hers, our fingers interlacing. i always loved it when billie held me. we always fit together perfectly.

"what are we watching?" she asked, lazily motioning to the tv. i shrugged.

"i just put the history channel on. it was too quiet."

after that, the two of us remained silent for a while. billie was probably watching the tv, but i closed my eyes and focused on the feeling of just being with billie. it wasn't a magic cure, but it did help to an extent. it was far better than nothing.

"billie?"

"hm?"

"thank you." i whispered. i felt her press a kiss to my head.

"anything for you, my love."

i snuggled closer to her, the emptiness slowly fading away, piece by tiny piece. with your eyes closed, the background noise from whatever show was on tv, and billie holding me, i drifted off into a light sleep.

___________________________________

FINNEAS IS GOING ON TOUR BUT NOT TO FLORIDA :(

I LOVE YOUUU