in love

PRETEND YOU LIVE SOMEWHERE WHERE IT SNOWS

THIRD PERSON POV

it was snowing outside and there was no reason to get out of bed, but the darkness of the room with the sunrise peering in through the window was giving the perfect morning lighting to wake her up.

y/n pressed her face against the pillow, still drowsy from the closeness of billie's body, breathing in and feeling the cool air of the morning, slowly opening her eyes and blinking a few times before rolling to the other side of the bed where billie was still asleep, with her blue strands of hair curling into her face and with her mouth open to drool a little.

y/n smiled, carefully bringing the sheets up to cover her bare shoulder, shivering and mumbling sleepy while the blue haired girl instinctively hugged the warm blanket in her sleep.

"good morning, my love."

"good morning" billie didn't open her eyes, but she mumbled back to her, turning onto her side and drawing her girlfriend close so that y/n's back was nestled against her chest with an arm resting on her waist.

she was a warm weight behind y/n; her pale arm around her waist, her chest pressed into her back with her thighs tucked against hers and knees at the back of her own, melting into each other like two perfect puzzle pieces that fit together so perfectly.

y/n bit her lower lip, closing her eyes thoughtfully and giggling softly as billie kissed the back of her neck, slipping a leg between hers to get comfortable while running her fingers along her body. 

"i really love holding you, baby."  billie whispered under her sleepy breath, carefully shifting over to curl up against her back and bury her face in the nape of her neck.

y/n sighed happily, all the tension that had built up during these past days starting to ease out of her shoulders, enjoying the feel of billie's chest rising and falling in pace with each breath she took.

slowly, she laced her fingers together, bringing her hand to her lips to kiss each of her fingers as billie dozed off comfortably on her. it had been a rough week, and she wasn't sure how long they had been laying there for, but the sounds of soft snores behind y/n was more comforting to her than she could ever say, and somehow, she felt so safe wrapped in her arms because now, billie was her home.

"did you finish the drawing you were working on last night?" a soft murmur from y/n broke the silence that had been the only conversation between them since the past few minutes.

she got a hum as an answer, and before she could speak again, billie was already fast asleep.

billie was still tired. there was something that didn't let her sleep well, and that was the reason why she spent countless nights awake wrapped up in a blanket, stumbling to her bed late and crawling under the sheets to curl into a ball next to girlfriend.

y/n smiled, turning around in her arms to face that sleepy freckled face before she brushed a loose strand of hair behind her left ear, pressing a kiss on the tip of her cold nose, giggling as billie wrinkled it, opening her eyes to look at y/n.

"i love it when you wake me up." billie whispered, nuzzling her nose with hers as her lips ghosted close to her lips, smiling when she heard y/n giggling.

and that sound always made her heart skip a beat.

"and i love seeing your face first thing in the morning." billie bit her own lower lip, looking into  y/n's eyes and slowly tracing her face, her fingertips lightly kissing her skin.