second date

THIRD PERSON POV

billie could hardly contain her excitement. she can't stop herself from smiling, completely taking over her face. she nervous, so nervous she has trouble trying stupid skates.

"deep breath, billie." she whispers to herself, she has to get her nerves under control. the second date is as important as the first! billie takes a quick glance up, y/n watching closely as her hands work around the skate. she's so pretty.

she's drowning in her white hoodie but billie adores it, her nose red from the cold weather and billie really wants to kiss it. she's never that brave but maybe she's sacrificed with imagining it. eyes dropping to y/n's glossy lips, wondering what they taste like. she didn't get to kiss her on the first date...yes billie was finding the courage just to hold her hand. she bets they taste like strawberries or anything sweet...billie shakes her head, blushing when y/n catches her staring instead making herself focus on her task.

"cute." y/n whispers low enough that her blushing mess of a date doesn't notice.

billie makes sure y/n's skates are wrapped around her ankle tightly. smiling up at her when she's done. date two...this has to go well. billie still can't believe y/n agreed to one date let alone two. she swears the girl is way out of league and yet here they are, at an ice rink.

"ready?" billie ask while she stands, offering her hand.

"yes." y/n answers nervously. she doesn't know how to skate. not at all. never even tried it before but billie looked so excited talking about it. how couldn't she say no...she just hopes she doesn't fall.

billie holds y/n's hand tightly, leading them to the icy surface. billie doesn't know how to skate, she hasn't mentioned it, wanting to impress y/n but as they stand on the ice ring, kids passing them like pros she realizes, it was a terrible idea.

not like billie can really focus on skating, not when y/n's hand fits perfectly in her. her heart beat picks up when y/n holds her hand tighter. was she nervous too?

"let's go." billie whispers and y/n giggles when she leads her. their pace is slow, children beside them going faster but neither of them seem to care. billie burns y/n's carefree laugh into her memory, it's almost magical the way the christmas lights hanging over the rink shine in her eyes. her smile, her beautiful smile, the main reason they're butterflies wandering around her stomach. she needs to figure out what she did in her last life to be so lucky.

they finally managed to go around the rink once, surprisingly neither of them falling.

"you're cute." y/n leans in when they stop for rest, almost whispers the words. the compliment, although very welcomed, catches billie by surprise. almost slipping, lucky the grip on the small wall it's enough to keep her up. she's blushing, not sure if it's because of the compliment or she's embarrassed. maybe a mixture of both.

y/n grips billie's hand, making sure she was steady. cute, the way her cheeks warm up, deep red covering her face. y/n notes, she gets shy when she calls billie cute.

"are you okay? i didn't mean to surprise you." billie laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of her head, not realizing she let the wall go. y/n giggles watching billie trying to keep her balance, she swears she never missed the ground as much as she does now. she managed to keep herself still, both hands on the wall as she keeps her her head low.

"billie?" y/n's voice with a hint of humor, pushing the hair over her face back, finding billie's face a an deeper red.

"you can't just call me cute without a warning." billie whines and y/n's heart does a thing, she doesn't know what but it definitely cost by billie's pout.

"i'm sorry...but it's the truth."

"we'll you're cute too."

"not as cute as you!" y/n playfully yells out.

"not true."

"oh really? tell me what you find most cute about me?" billie let's her finger tap against the wall, y/n's smiling like she won this round, she knows how shy billie really is. well not today.

"y-your eyes...they're really cute especially when you get excited, they get all wide and they shine." it was y/n's turn to blush, she didn't think billie would be so sincere. y/n doesn't think, didn't want to chicken out but she leans in. pressing her lips against billie's cheek, it's soft and her cheeks were cold but their hearts felt warm.

"you know a way with your words, eilish." billie can't think, y/n doesn't let her before she drags her to the middle of the rink.

"let's go fast!" y/n suddenly being filled with bravery, forgetting she doesn't know how to skate.

"w-wait y/n, i don't think that's a good ide-"

"what's the worst that can happen?"

the worst that can happen was the both of them slipping and falling hard. despite both of them trying to save the other from falling, it didn't help at all. y/n landing on her knees and billie on her ankle. they swear they broke something and yes, they're embarrassed.

sitting in a hospital room, the nurse wrapping billie's ankle, glancing a few times to y/n, whose sitting beside her, getting her own treatment. billie feels bad, their second date ending at the hospital. she's overthinking, maybe y/n wouldn't want to go to the third one and she blow it. the ice rink was a terrible date idea.

billie wants to groan, she completely ruin her chance with y/n.

"this was a one of a kind date." y/n teases and billie feels bad.

"i'm sorry, i didn't think we'd end here." billie patiently waits till the nurse finishes up, holding in her whines of pain in front of y/n. she has to act cool.

y/n, ignoring the nurse's advice to stay still and not put pressure on her bruised knees, leans in, poking billie's cheek to get her to smile. it works and it's cute.

"i had a lot of fun. yes my knees hurt but i don't regret anything." billie finds herself blushing when y/n kisses her cheek.

"so...where are you taking me next."

___________________________________

there ya go lovies :)

I LOVE YOUUU