best way to fall asleep ❗️

THIRD PERSON POV

billie: switch
y/n: switch

y/n and billie don't like to go to bed when the other isn't there but with their respective work schedules, sometimes it's hard to avoid. y/n sometimes works after hours and billie has numerous night shoots that brings her home sometimes after 5am. it's hard but y/n and billie manage even if they sleep a little restlessly with one side of the bed empty.

y/n frowns when she receives a text just before 11pm.

billie:
hey baby, shoot is running late. i don't know when i'll be home so don't wait up. goodnight and i love you

it was followed by many heart and kiss emojis. y/n sends a sad face emoji along with a heart before she gets ready for bed. she falls asleep almost immediately only to be awakened three hours later by the distinct sound of fingers hitting a keyboard.

y/n squints in the darkness of the bedroom and glances at the clock on her side table. it was a little after 2am and the only light in the room was from billie's laptop where she was typing next to her in bed.

"billie." y/n whines sleepily and turns to scoot closer to her girlfriend.

"it's two in the morning, why are you still up?" billie smiles but doesn't look from her screen.

"i may have had a triple shot espresso to get through the last hour of the shoot tonight so i'm a little wired." she was speaking a little faster than usual, a tell tale sign that she had consumed too much caffeine, and she was typing at a furious speed.

"i just want to write these emails real quick."

y/n squints at the screen and sees that billie has three tabs of emails open.

"you're breaking your own rules, you know?" y/n points out and tries to put her arm around billie but the laptop was in the way.

billie stops typing and leans down to kiss y/n's forehead.

"i know we have a 'no work in the bedroom' rule but i can't sleep and i figured i might as well get this out of the way while my mind is still going." she continues to type while y/n grumbles beside her.

"billie, please put it away, you need to go to sleep. you have a another long day tomorrow."

"five more minutes, baby, i promise." y/n groans in frustration and gets out of bed.

"and you say i'm stubborn." billie laughs.

"where are you going?"

"i'm making you sleepy time tea because you are going to bed."

"y/n, that's not going to work." y/n ignores her and heads downstairs.

"nope, making you the tea or i'll find another way to put you to sleep."

"i love you, baby!"

y/n shakes her head but she smiles as she enters their kitchen. after a few minutes of searching and opening all their cupboards, y/n frowns when she realizes that there wasn't any tea in the house but a ridiculous amount of coffee. sighing, she heads back to their room where billie was still engrossed in her work.

"i thought you were making tea." billie says when she looks up briefly.

"we have none left because you haven't gone shopping in forever." y/n quips as she climbs back onto the bed.

"oh, i'm so sorry, miss, i'll get right on that." billie jokes back. y/n smiles and curls up against billie's side and reaches over to try to close the laptop.