love

THIRD PERSON POV

y/n wrapped her pinky around billie's sealing their promise and smiled when she emphasized it with her words. without letting go of billie's hand, she lowered their hands, joining them properly. she raised her other hand to billie's cheek, stroking it lightly with her thumb and letting it rest on the back of her neck.

billie leaned into her touch, closing her eyes. everything that had happened had finally dawned on her, making her blush a little with embarrassment. she didn't regret anything she had done but she still didn't know how to deal with romantic relationships, she hadn't had many shots at it before.

she opened her eyes quickly, meeting y/n's eyes staring back at her, then she quickly released a silent chuckle and threw herself into y/n's arms, hiding her face on her shoulder. billie heard y/n laughing softly before wrapping her arms around her and placing light kisses on the top of her head.

billie sighed into their embrace, being with y/n brought her a strong sense of relief. after a couple minutes, she finally let go of y/n, wanting to say something to her, but stopping on her tracks once she saw the other was crying.

"are you okay?" billie asked, concerned.

"yes." y/n laughed through her tears, wiping her eyes with her hands.

"it's just happy tears."

billie laughed a little. it was impressive to her how sensitive y/n was, she was positive she had never met anyone so in touch with her emotions before, but that was something she really admired on the other girl.

"do you want to go home?" y/n asked after a while, considering that it was starting to get dark.

billie nodded in response, so they both got up from the bench and walked side by side in a comfortable silence. they walked until they reached somewhere they could actually get into a taxi to go back to their place.

after giving the driver the instructions to their house, they sat in silence for a little bit before billie sneaked her hand to the middle sit. y/n grabbed her hand with a smile, understanding her girlfriend's silent request, and held onto it until they arrived home and had to leave the car.

as soon as they got to the front door and made a mention to open it, they heard shark scratching the door and barking. once the door was opened, shark didn't even wait for them to enter the apartment, he just ran into the hall and started jumping on both of them. the occasions where they both got home together were quite rare and whenever it happened it just doubled the sharks bliss from when one of his owners got home.

y/n started awkwardly walking backwards into the apartment hitting her hands on her thighs lightly to get the dog back into the apartment and, once she succeeded, billie walked into their home and locked the door behind her, dropping to the floor almost instantly.

"shark!" she said in a baby voice, inviting him to crawl into her lap.

shark quickly obliged, still barking in excitement and moving around a lot on billie's lap, while the woman tried to pat him. y/n laughed at the scene and sat down besides her girlfriend to play with the dog.

after a lot of jumping and occasional barks, shark settled on billie's lap, his tail still wagging and releasing fast breaths. y/n extended both her hands to hold the puppy's small face, squeezing it lightly before starting to run her hands through sharks fur.

"you're so cute!" y/n cooed, bending down to place a kiss on the tip of the puppy's nose. shark licked y/n's mouth, causing her to pull her face away.

"ew." she said, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand.

billie laughed at the scene as shark jumped up and rested his front paws on billie's chest to do the same to her. she tried dodging her head but it was hard with the puppy's energy and her lack there of due to laughter.