fall

THIRD PERSON POV

"i thought you were wearing three jackets."

"two." billie corrected her wife. although she much wish y/n was right, she had left her third jacket on the chair in the studio after being rushed by her to leave the house.

"and that means nothing, it's really cold today!" she continued, shoving y/n lightly in annoyance.

"bils, it's literally sixty degrees right now." y/n said in disbelief.

"exactly! really cold."

y/n released a small chuckle, still not understanding how her wife was always so cold. she didn't even understand how she got billie out of the house that weekend on the beginning of fall, but she couldn't wait anymore. as soon as she saw the first leaf fall off a tree she knew she had to take billie outside to play with them, even if she had to drag her.

there was a small park near their house, it really didn't have much, y/n wasn't even sure she could call it a park, but there was enough space to gather a pile of leaves and jump on them, so that would be more than enough.

billie didn't want to admit it but she was also really excited for the whole fall scenario. she actually wanted to go out with y/n and step on every leaf she found on the way to the small park to hear that satisfying crunch, she couldn't wait to see all the beautifully carved pumpkins grinning up at her from storefronts and porches, and, what worried her the most, she was really excited for halloween. something about living with y/n had awoken her inner child.

"oh my god, bil!" y/n exclaimed as soon as they reached the park, stopping abruptly on the sidewalk.

"what?" billie asked y/n, directing a worried glaze to her.

"look at all those leaves!" there was a huge smile plastered on her face. sometimes (honestly, most times), y/n acted like she was an eight year old trapped on the body of a grown woman and, though billie would never admit it, that was one of the things that made her so lovable.

billie barely had time to tell y/n off for scaring her before she started running to a pile of leaves. the woman could do nothing but stare from a small distance, smiling widely at her wife, who was already piling up more leaves. god, she loved that girl.

"bils, come on!" y/n called billie, pulling her out of her daze.

"i bet you can't make a bigger pile."

as soon as the word "bet" came out of her mouth, billie rushed to gather all the leaves she could find. she might have been acting like a fool in love but she wouldn't let that leave her behind in a competition. when it came to bets, the couple weren't ever playing, as silly as whatever they were doing was, whenever one of them said "i bet" it immediately became a serious game. piling up leaves was no exception.

y/n was a little thrown off by the speed billie was collecting leaves and quickly forming a huge pile with them. she stared at her in awe for a minute or so before she realized her pile was indeed getting bigger than her, which brought her back to reality and pushed her to immediately start gathering more leaves.

ten minutes later and no one could see any leaf in the small park besides the few that were still in the trees and the thousands on y/n and billie's piles.

"i clearly won." billie stated, pointing at her pile. to be fair, it was a bit touch and go; the piles looked pretty much the same. not that that would stop y/n and billie from arguing who was the real winner.

"what?" y/n released a high pitch noise in disbelief.

"no, you didn't! our piles look the exact same."

"those are the words a loser would say."

"no way! you're just too scared to admit that i actually won this time."

billie put her hands on her hips and threw her a challenging gaze.

"do you want me to count the leaves, y/n? i'm absolutely sure i won."

in that moment, y/n acted out of impulse, she knew billie meant what she said and she didn't want to spend the rest of the day counting leaves, also, she was a bit scared she might actually win the bet. so she did the only thing that made sense in her mind: she threw herself onto billie's pile.

"y/n!" billie instantly yelled at her wife.

"that's cheating."

all billie could see next was an arm peeking out of the big pile of leaves and soon she was pulled onto them as well. the woman panicked a bit with her wife's sudden actions and released a scream, but soon they were both laying down on the floor on top of the leaves that had remained there.

"you know this means i won right?" billie tried clearing everything up after she caught her breath, sitting up on the floor while still holding y/n's hand that she had used to pull her to the floor.

"of course not." y/n said casually.

"look at the size of my pile, it's like ten times bigger than yours." she explained pointing at her intact pile.

"oh, really?" billie asked releasing her lover's hand. she soon dove right into her pile, making sure to make extra big movements with her arms so she could reduce it to basically nothing.

"it looks like my pile is much bigger now, doesn't it?" billie completed, while still moving around and grabbing some leaves and trying to throw them anywhere.

at that moment, y/n also sat up so that she was facing her wife. billie had a pleased look on her face while y/n was just staring at her in awe.

"i'd say it's a tie." she finally said, standing up and reaching for billie's hand so she could help her do the same.

"a tie is fine." billie said standing up before sharply pointing at y/n.

"this time." she completed, making her laugh.

only then billie had time to properly feel the cold breeze hit her. she absolutely hated it. she was starting to get really cold again, only being able to think about the damn jacket she had forgotten back at their house, and what was she thinking leaving without gloves? her hands felt like ice cubes.

"are you cold?" y/n asked worriedly with the sight of a trembling billie, but still chuckling a bit as a result of the fun moment they had just shared.

"mhmm." billie answered holding her hands together closer to her chest on a failed attempt to make them warmer.

"come here." y/n unzipped her hoodie, holding the edges with opened arms, inviting billie to step into it.

billie gladly complied, running into y/n and wrapping her arms strongly around her waist under the hoodie. the girl laughed at her speed and wrapped her hoodie around her, placing a soft kiss on the top of her head.

"you're so warm." billie said softly, closing her eyes and nuzzling her nose in y/n's neck.

"bils, your nose is freezing cold!" y/n complained, ducking her head a little so she could get away from the ice trap.

"no, i need your warmth!" billie exclaimed trying to find her way back to her wife's face with her eyes still closed, ending up hitting y/n's nose with her head.

"billie!" y/n yelped, moving her head away from her wife once again.

"sorry." billie said finally opened her eyes and looked up at y/n.

they were just staring at each other on their embrace for a little while, before billie finally started feeling her fingers again and grabbed y/n's face with both hands, kissing her tenderly.

when they pulled away from the kiss y/n was smiling at a still close eyed billie.

"so warm." she repeated, making y/n laugh. she shook her head in amusement and held her wife a little bit tighter. it looked like it was going to be a great fall.

___________________________________

i'm at lunch mf's i just wanna go home 🧍‍♀️

I LOVE YOUU