another puppy 2

THIRD PERSON POV

it was just sitting there, mocking her. she swore it knew exactly what it was doing. she could practically see the smug look in its green eyes.

the dog, a golden doodle they'd named , sat in billie's lap, as she absentmindedly pet him while she watched tv. y/n sat beside billie, glaring out of the corner of her eyes at the dog. ever since they got it, it spent every chance it got curled up in her lap. and for most of the day, that wasn't a problem. but the evenings were where it became a problem.

normally, y/n and billie would spend their evenings curled up on the couch together, watching tv or reading or just relaxing. she would lay her legs in billie's lap and rest her head on her shoulder, and she would play with her hair or massage her legs or just hold her close. that was how it bad been for ages.

but with the arrival of rascal, that had changed. he was too adorable to be denied attention, so while he curled up in billie's lap, y/n had to settle for sitting next to her and being denied attention. it irked her to no end.

"are you glaring at rascal again?" billie asked. it hadn't escaped her notice that y/n had sorta disliked  the tiny puppy and only tolerated him because billie wanted him.

"what? no, of course not!" y/n denied. billie raised your eyebrow.

"has anyone ever told you you're a terrible liar, y/n?"

"i'm not a terrible liar." she said, giving billie a sharp glare.

"uh huh, sure, baby." she said.

"now, what's got you so annoyed at little rascal here?" she stroked his fur and he stretched out, taking even more space.

y/n grumbled something, voice so low billie couldn't make out the words.

"i didn't quite catch that." she said.

"i said, 'that dog is taking all your attention'." she repeated. billie couldn't help it. she burst out laughing. y/n pouted.

"it's not funny!" she exclaimed.

"baby, it's adorable." billie said, trying to calm down. she crossed her arms and huffed.

"i knew i shouldn't have told you." she muttered.

"aw, lovie." billie said, kissing her cheek.

"i wasn't laughing at you. well, maybe a little, but not to be mean! and i'll admit, rascal has been taking all my attention lately."

"he never leaves your side!" she said.

"how about i put him down for a bit, and we can cuddle?" billie suggested. y/n nodded.

carefully picking rascal up, she placed him on her other side. he whined, annoyed at being woken up, but immediately curled back up, tucking himself into her side.

"sorry, buddy." she said.

"but it's my girlfriend's turn." y/n scooted closer and swung her legs over billie's own, making sure not to hit rascal. she rested her head on her shoulder and wrapped her arms around billie's neck. one of billie's arms went around her waist, while the other rested on her leg.

"better?" she asked. y/n nodded.

"much better." she said.

"i missed this."

"so did i." billie said.

"guess i should've realized we both needed this."

"you should've. but i forgive you." she said.

"thank you, my oh so gracious queen, for your forgiveness." billie teased in a british accent.

y/n lightly hit her arm, but smiled.

"oh, you haven't quite earned it yet. i said 'i will forgive you', not 'i have forgiven you'. you still owe me lots of attention. maybe then, i'll forgive you."

"i'll be sure to work hard for it then." she said. y/n placed a kiss on her neck.

"you'd better. i'll be holding you to that." she said.

billie had a lot of making up to do. she smirked. it was gonna be a long night.

___________________________________

i have open house tomorrow for school 🧍‍♀️

I LOVE YOUUU