flower

THIRD PERSON POV

"look at them." y/n pointed at the field of flowers in front of her.

"they're so pretty."

billie analyzed the roses spread across the space, creating some paths. y/n seemed to be very passionate about nature, something that she had recently discovered about her friend.

y/n liked feeling connected with nature, she was fascinated by the concepts of energy and essence. she felt closer to her true self when she was near natural elements. that was something billie didn't really understand when their friendship was really new, but having y/n show her how to feel someone's energy and always pointing out the beauty of nature, made billie feel connected to nature herself.

"which ones do you like the best?" y/n asked, thinking billie was a bit too quiet.

"i don't know, y/n/n." billie laughed.

"they're all very pretty."

"if your life depended on it." y/n said, faking seriousness and making billie laugh even more.

"which ones would you choose?"

"okay, if my life depended on it." billie played along

"i'd pick the yellow ones."

"not the red ones?" y/n asked.

"they're overrated." billie explained.

"how dare you?" y/n's hand flew to her chest as she said that.

"they're my favorites."

billie laughed, making a mental note of y/n's favorite flowers. maybe she could make use of it in the future.

"what is it with you and flowers, anyway?" billie asked, looking at the flower y/n had just placed on top of her own ear.

y/n laughed as she pulled billie's hand, making her follow her around the park. their friendship bloomed with time, just like flowers did. it was crazy for her to think that she'd truly met her best friend so randomly.

who would've said that a stranger she had met a park could become so important in her life so fast?

"they have a whole language of their own." y/n explained, still looking down, seeking different types of flowers.

"what are you looking for? you already found your flower."

that was something y/n often did that amused billie. she'd drag her around the park until she found the perfect flower to pick for herself.

"yeah, but i haven't found yours." y/n said, still looking around the ground.

"did you know broccoli is a flower."

billie didn't really pay attention to y/n's last sentence, she still had a dumb smile on her face, thinking about the fact that y/n wanted to find the perfect flower for her.

y/n looked around, walking a little before finding a little cluster of daisies. she smiled, remembering their meaning and bent down to pick one.

"that's the one." y/n walked closer to billie, putting the flower behind her ear.

"beautiful."

billie smiled at her friend and they stood there, looking at each other, until something else caught billie's attention.

"i love this song." she exclaimed, listening to the faint music coming from near them.