Two Of A Kind (ASFWerewolf Drabble)

A howl splits the night air. The moon hangs full above Mitch's head, gleaming and beckoning the night creatures. Mitch is stupid to be out here, especially with the rumors of monstrous humanoids that twist and warp into furred creatures resembling large dogs. He does not care.

Not as bad as it could be, he thinks, looking around. No sign of these creatures other than that unearthly noise.

"It's easy to find prey when they're wearing red, and a gleaming metal object that reflects Master's light," a voice says behind him. Mitch jumps, seeing a muscular, willowy man behind him, dressed in a fine suit, though the suit is torn and ragged.

"M-Master?" He stutters. But the man had disappeared.

When he went out hunting the next full moon, he changed his jacket to a purely black one, and switched his golden dogtag to a grey one, sporting a dully crimson skull. He was nearing the spot when he first saw the tall man when he heard the voice again.

"You look too sophisticated to be a wild thing," the man teases, Mitch catching the gleam on fangs poking out of the man's mouth. It's a little earlier than it was last time.

So, in order to avoid this haltingly creepy man, Mitch ruffles his hair up, letting it hang loosely, and even keeps a little blood on his shirt.

As he nears the spot, he keeps his grip on the iron sword at his side, ready to spring into action if needed.

"That sword should be stronger. I myself have a diamond weapon."

The voice is a little more gravelly this time, but no other changes from the last time, other than it's a little earlier. This time, however, Mitch runs home immediately, and spends the next month crafting a diamond sword. When he heads out on the following full moon, he leaves at dusk, detirmined to not see the man.

And he doesn't. Not once by the time he heads home, at midnight.

But the entire time, he had felt like he was being watched. Like there was something following him.

Of course, this does not truly matter to him, and the next full moon, he goes out again, knowing that the supply of mobs is supposed to be high. This time, he hears the sound of paws on dry leaves, and a howl hits the night air a couple time. By midnight, he is slightly nervous. Perhaps he is not alone.

And he isn't.

A wolf stalks out of the bushes as he begins to head home, right in front of him. Tatters of a fine suit cling to it's fur, a diamond axe clenched in it's jaws. As it drops the axe (only to put the handle under a front paw), it speaks in a gravelly voice.

"You knew I'd be here."

And deep down, Mitch knew.

He stayed there for the next few hours, unable to move, as every time he attempted to, the wolf lunged, pushing him back into place. Finally, he gave up, slumped against the tree, threatened death to come, and fell asleep.

In the morning, he woke to the man in the tattered suit asleep on the ground. Jumping up, Mitch tried to dash off, only to be tripped by a grip on his ankle. "You smell like poison. It attracts the creatures."

Mitch threw himself away, only to be brought to the ground. The man crawled up to him, smirking as he held down the human boy. "We are like vampires, in some ways," he said, revealing fangs. "We bite, for instance, to make you one of us, a servent to the Moon, the Master. We just don't sparkle."

And with that, he bit Mitch, at the base of his neck.

The human boy stopped screaming about an hour later, and the man was still there, smiling.

The human boy was no longer human.

But he still tried to run home. However, the man in the suit dragged him back every time.

And eventually, the once-human boy fell for the man in the suit, as the man in the suit wanted nothing but to protect him.

Well, that's what they say anyways... I never believed the tale. I still go hunting on the full moon. I find it a little creepy, though, that now there's two howls, when there used to be one....

---

I'm actually proud of myself. That wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It's only slightly cringeworthy!

Eh, take it. At least I can say I updated three times today.

See ya next chapter?

BAI!