...And Have A Happy New Year's (The Pack)

Sequel of sorts to Holidays.

···

It killed Preston on the inside.

That the man he loved wasn't even in this country.

But they were texting each other, going back and forth over and over. Neither wanted to be away from each other, but they both had family promises and ties. It sucked, as Preston would say, but there wasn't anything he could do about it.

Robbie: Only 30 minutes!!

Me: Stay with me till countdown?

Robbie: Of course. I wish I could kiss you

Me: I wish I could kiss you back then get drunk and have fun.

Robbie: Kinky bastard

Me: How do get kinkiness from wanting to have sex?

Robbie: I know you.

Preston laughed, and pressed the button to call Rob. His boyfriend picked up immediately.

"Hey, baby."

"Hey, daddy."

"I told you I know you."

···

This... This sucked.

It was supposed to be my New Year's. And his. We were supposed to be happy... Kiss as the ball dropped? Yeah, that was my dream. Our perfection.

Vikk sighed, leaning against the door. Lachlan had left with an old friend of his earlier. The Aussie had some... habits that Vikk had attended to earlier, giving up his own stash of weed for free. The Brit could now only guess that Lachlan and his friend were getting high.

As if it weren't bad enough that Lachlan wasn't there, he wouldn't even call Vikk either.

He was going to need a serious explanation in the morning.

Vikk sighed and chewed on his lip, turning and walking back into the house. The Sidemen complex was silent and dark as he slunk along the halls, finding his room with an ease he probably shouldn't have.

Lachlan wasn't coming back, not tonight.

It was obvious.

Vikk choked back his tears and went to lay down.

He wasn't getting his perfect New Year's.

···

"Mitch!"

"Jerome!"

"Thirty seconds!"

Mitch laughed in response, bounding downstairs. Jerome was lounged back on their grungy couch, in the room with the hole in the ceiling. He was too drunk to care.

They both were.

"Ten!" Jerome called out.

"Nine!" Mitch responded, circling around to the back and leaning with his forearms on the couch.

"Eight!"

"Seven!"

"Six!"

"Five!"

"Four!"

"Three!"

Mitch's heart started to pound. Could he do this? Jerome was fine with the little Christmas stunt, but--

"Two!"

This was something else.

"One!"

"Happy New Ye--" Jerome didn't get a chance to finish.

Mitch kissed him hard.

His 2016 goal came true as Jerome kissed back.