Wolf In a Sheep's Clothing (Merome)

Baa, baa, black sheep
Have you a soul?
No sir, and by the way
What the hell are morales?

I think I fell in love with Mitch the summer of 2015.
Cheesy, but whatever.
We'd just pulled up to the house after ArcadiaCon, and he gave me a smile.
Just a smile.
But he was so sweet after, helping me unpack what little things I'd brought with me, and even surprising me with Shadow. I'd recently had a hard breakup with Alanna, though that wasn't something I wanted to talk about.
However, the very next day, he started to ignore me more and more, burying himself in recordings, especially solo ones. He started to record Hunger Games by himself, so it was just Benja, without his Bacca...
At this point, I'd just started to fall. The thrill was still there. I kept trying to get him back, asking to record anything with me, to go anywhere. Once or twice, he accepted my offers, giving me a smile.
But it was fake. It was nothing like the real one he'd given me as we pulled up.
By October, I was tired of this. I'd been recording with Vikk and Lachlan more often than I used to, Preston jumping into videos whenever he could. Mitch and I still lived together, but our conversations and encounters were far and few between. I would go and stay with Ryan for weeks at a time, just to get away from my Canadian crush.
It was December when I discovered Mitch's own love interest.
You can only imagine how hurt I was when I discovered it was Lachlan.

Jack be nimble,
Jack be quick
Jill's a little whore
And her alibis are dirty tricks

I knew you couldn't help who you fell in love with, and I didn't blame Mitch. It was only out of jealousy that I didn't report Mitch's cheating episodes to Lachlan.
As I think I've made obvious, Mitch and Lachlan got together and have been dating for over a year. But because Lachlan is constantly moving around, and is, for the most part, halfway across the world, it leaves Mitch a lot of time to hook up with other girls and boys. I'd seen him take them home so many times, too many to count, and he never once got caught by his loyal boyfriend.
There were times when I considered telling Lachlan, but I figured out pretty quickly that if I told him, Mitch would abandon me for good, which I couldn't handle.
In February of 2017, Lachlan broke it off with Mitch, having flown up and caught Mitch in bed with another man. By June, Mitch had "gotten over" him (though I was sure they were never really together) and came to me.
I was a fool and admitted that I loved him. He kissed me, and we hit it off.
To this day, I can't believe I was that stupid.

Fee-fi-fo-fum,
You better run and hide
I smell the blood
Of a petty little coward

I'd seen him cheat so many times on Lachlan. Why I thought I was special and not going to get hurt, I don't know.
We were still together when Lachlan flew up to see us. He'd forgiven Mitch the best he could, brushing it off as just a fling.
His room was down the hall from ours, and I think my first clue was when Mitch didn't show up to bed one night, not for a good three hours. When he did come, he was distracted and wary, how he usually acted when he talked to Lachlan after cheating.
Desperate to think of him as changed, I dismissed it as bad news, and actually tried to get the lies out of him. His excuse was that he was thinking about quitting YouTube, something we'd all been considering for a while. I bought it and went to bed.
This happened a couple more times, and I kept at the same thing, as did Mitch. I'm pretty sure he told me more lies those nights than ever before in either of our lives.

Jack be lethal,
Jack be slick
Jill will leave you lonely
Dying in a filthy ditch

In November, a couple days before Lachlan flew out, the Australian caught me alone and sat me down outside, out by the table.
"Before I start, I just want to say I'm sorry. I don't know why I did it."
He then went on to explain how he and Mitch would get together and, of course, forget about me. I told him how I knew what was going on, and that I just didn't want to admit it. Lachlan gave me a slight smile before apologizing again, asking for no hard feelings, and leaving.
I wasn't mad at him, because Mitch could seduce just about anyone when he tried, but I wasn't happy.
Mitch broke up with me the next day, and moved out within a month.
I took down my channel a couple weeks after, unable to be carefree in my videos anymore, and not getting any enjoyment out of it. It was torture, not fun.

Now, let's not get overzealous here
You've always been a piece of shit
If I could kill you, I would
But that's frowned upon
In all fifty states!
Having said that...
Burn in hell!

Mitch contacted me shortly after, asking for forgiveness. I told him off in a way I'd rather not re-visit, and that exploded into a fight. If I remember right, I the last thing I told him was to "burn in hell," before hanging up the call and turning off my phone and computer.
I was hurt, of course, and as much as I was mad at Mitch, I wanted to know what made him act like this. It wasn't like him - it never had been.
He always used to be so sweet...
Whatever happened to that genuine smile? The one that meant he was... happy...
Was he even okay?
Maybe he was whoring because he didn't have the attention he wanted. Maybe nobody cared...
And I let it slip by.
Maybe I was at fault here.
Maybe...

Getting bored + newfound obsession with Set It Off equals this.
Sorry for the crappy writing.