No Way (BajanCanadian)

In 2002, on the sixteenth day of school, eight-year-old Mitchell Hughes had no way of knowing what was in store for him when he broke Jerome Aceti's skate ramp.

There was no way he could have been able to fathom the existence of a site called YouTube, which would spring into existence six years later. He didn't know that he would start a semi-successful channel with Jerome, and a couple other friends, such as Zak and Mat.

As a fourth grader, he didn't understand loss or death (or love, for that matter, but that's... later), so he couldn't wrap his mind around the split of AwesomeSauceFilms, or Team Crafted, or, as would happen even later in his life, The Pack. Mitch wouldn't get the concept of fame. Sure, at the time, he knew the definition, but he couldn't begin to guess the responsibilities.

Because he'd never experienced it, he probably didn't know what depression was, and would be lucky not to fully feel it's wrath until he was twenty. However, because of his age, he didn't grasp the idea of love, either, as I stated earlier. At eight years of life, though, he didn't understand how cruel the world could be. Back then, the term 'cheating' was only used when somebody looked at someone else's test. He didn't think he'd be cheated on by the love of his life, a girl named Jess, by the time he was twenty-two.

And, looping back around to death...

In 2002, eight-year-old Mitchell Hughes would have no way of knowing that the angry owner of the skate ramp, now his best friend in 2019, would be killed in a hit and run. He had no way of knowing that he himself would die, only days after.

Of course, that's for the better...

Isn't it?

····

I wrote this at midnight yesterday, and, because of a bet with my mother, didn't actually write it on Wattpad until this morning. Sorry if it sucks, I was sleep deprived and felt like writing something sad and meaningful. I mean, if you knew your best friend was going to die (and you'd die with them), would you ever get to know them? Or would you avoid the pain?

I doenz know. I'm exhausted. I got maybe an hour of sleep last night...

Anyways.

See ya next chapter?

Baiiii