Glory (Merome Drabble)

The light faded into darkness, blinding me and my partner. It was consuming, but we were used to it. We'd been here before, even on the day we wed, and every day after that. Of course, the silence that came with it was deafening.

There was a tug at the metal that clad us. It was the pull of a force field forming. Only, roughly, forty meters in any given direction from the very center of the circle, which was about ten meters from us. I knew this place up and down, and so did he.

The ten seconds start, splitting the darkness as the rock came up under my feet. The crowds started to roar as the best of the best prepared to fight to a bloody death. It was gruesome, that much was true, but it was fun for most of the people who played it. You had a choice, after all, and not only in playing. It was up to you to watch; not at all how it used to be.

One. The light floods my vision, blinding me for just a second as I draw the cyan sword from my belt. My feet grip the platform and launch off, landing with ease and racing into the center. Without thought, I jump up on one layer of chests, then jump to the next. Skipping another, I balance precariously on the top.

My bow comes out from over my shoulder, and the quiver comes with it. An arrow notches and is flying before my target has a chance to see it coming. Through the eyes. He screams and drops dead, and I watch as my partner puts an axe blade through a man's skull.

Two cannons.

It's just us two. The crowds grow louder and louder, screaming our names and our partnership. The timer starts ticking as I lower myself off the tower, and walk over to him. The fan's screams are deafening.

Our armor is torn off us and our inventories cleared. His dark eyes meet mine, and he smiles, fangs poking his lips.

"We won again, biggums."

---

A/N Hey guys!

Just wanted to write this because I feel like I should.

Why is YouTube important to me?

Well, I started watching YouTube (just YouTube in general) when I was eight. I listened to my music, and eventually, I got hooked on Herobrine. So I was watching a Herobrine video when I saw this video on the Aether (I'm 10 now), and thought it looked cool. I loved the content, but I could never remember the guy's name.

One day, I saw a video with row views, title Herobrine's Mansion with TheMinecraftUniverse! by some chic with the name SkyDoesMinecraft.

Yes, I just called Sky a chic, because honestly, I thought he was a girl, just by looking at the name.

I watched the video and discovered that I was wrong, but either way, I was now hooked on this.

A few months later, Sky released a video featuring AntVenom. I watched it, and remembered exactly who posted the Aether video: AntVenom.

About another month later, I watched TheBajanCanadian and JeromeASF for the first time.

It was the Cops n' Robbers video, and out of everyone, those two, whom I'd never seen before, made me laugh most.

Then I got hooked on that fandom.

But why are they important?

Well, for a while, their videos were just entertainment. And that was fine. However, my life started to get rough.

And those people, Sky, Mitch, Ty, Jerome, Jason, and many more, made me laugh.

In fact, those YouTubers were the thing I started talking about with my future friend LeadingThePack.

So yeah.

My life got really tough, and that's when I started writing. No, not writing. Really writing.

I used to hate writing.

Now, its my life.

Those people saved my life, in a way,

I suppose you can say that's my YouTube story...

Remember, not all heroes wear capes. Some wear headphones.

So, see ya next chapter?

Bai!