Never Understand (Merome)

Sequel to Dogs Understand

"Wait!"

I glared over my shoulder, stopping and tugging on Cocoa's leash for her to do the same.

Mitch jogged up beside me. "I'm sorry. I've just had a rough day. My girlfriend broke up with me, my flight was delayed, my grandfather passed away..."

I look him dead in the eye, not buying a single word. "You're lying."

"W-What? No, I'm not."

"You don't have a girlfriend, you flew out here yesterday, and your grandfathers have both already passed away."

He stared at me, completely dumbfounded.

Imbecile.

"How... How do you--"

"I practically stalk you," I admit, and though I expected him to be disgusted, a small smile plays out on his lips.

"But don't expect me to be welcoming. I know this is just a show, so you can save your reputation."

He didn't argue, so I figured it really was the truth.

"I really am sorry."

"I'm sure you are," I retorted sarcastically. "But please, don't do it again. No other fan deserves to have their hopes shattered."

And with that, I left him.

····

I went through the same routine the next day. Wake up, complain to Cocoa, and look through Twitter.

The Vlog I'd been about to watch now read as posted three days ago, which confirmed my story.

I really didn't expect him to tweet what he did.

"I met an amazing fan yesterday, and he made me come to my senses. Really hope I can run into him again... Make things right."

Honest to God, I couldn't help the grin I wore.

I would never understand him.