Merome Compilation

A bunch of really short one-shots, all less than 100 words. I'm not sure if I'll be doing it again. Let me know if you like the idea; I have a few ships I could do it for.

····

"What happens if Jerome dies?"

A fan stood in front of the podium for a panel. Mitch smiled wryly.

"I die with him."

····

The plane shook, sliding so it was almost vertical. Mitch grabbed the seat, eyes shut. His best friend took his hand and muttered, "It'll be okay. I promise."

Mitch didn't tell Jerome that he wasn't scared at all.

····

They used to hook up in high school, just to experiment. Both of them agreed that there had been no spark, and they were straight.

What Mitch didn't know was that Jerome had been lying.

····

"Escape the Fate!" Jerome yelled.

"Falling In Reverse!" Mitch shot back.

The two had been arguing over which band was better ever since the Unlucky Rainbow Lucky Blocks video. What Jerome never told Mitch was that he only liked Escape The Fate for Chemical Love, which reminded him of Mitch.

What Mitch never told Jerome was that he only liked Falling In Reverse for The Drug In Me Is You, which reminded him of Jerome.

····

Mitch's grip lessened, and Jerome tore away. For once, he wasn't the one to die. Was this how Mitch felt, every time he'd killed him in a Games?

Jerome knew he should focus on the fact that Mitch would respawn, but at the same time, the nagging part of his mind that always told him the bitter truth told him that Mitch wouldn't come back.

Not this time.

····

Every time Jerome left his home, he would see a handsome man in a black-and-red hoodie. Eventually, he found himself falling, and managed to get the man's name.

Upon doing some research on Mitchell Hughes, to see if he was from around that area, Jerome found that Mitch had died years before he was even born.

····

The Bajan Core was a prototype at Aperture. It was put out of function when it developed complete human emotions, especially those of love, towards a subject named Jerome Aceti.