Expensive Mistakes

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮
platonic
sequel to talk me down
1104 words
dialogue based (sorry)

"if i can get my shit together
i'm gonna run away
never see any of you again

i hope the roof flies off and
i get blown into space
i always make such expensive mistakes
i know it's just a number,
but you're the eighth wonder
i'll stop wearing black
when they make a darker color."

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

"So now that it's your birthday..."

"Stop. No. Don't."

A trip that was supposed to last three days was now verging on three weeks. Neither of them was posting, which neither of them minded. It was funny, really. Weren't they supposed to hate one another?

And now it was Mitch's birthday. Twenty-four. It hurt Seto's brain. When they met, they were nothing more than kids; it didn't feel like so much time had passed, but it had.

"We should stream. Let everyone know what's up. I'm sure your friends are curious where you fucked off to." Seto tilted his head. "And your viewers."

"Yours too." They were standing in the kitchen; morning had come late, and Seto was making coffee. He snorted. "Really," Mitch pushed, "you have fans and viewers."

"Maybe," the smaller agreed, pursing his lips and furrowing his brows. "You have more."

"That doesn't mean yours aren't important."

It was a silent agreement to go through with the stream idea. Seto continued to make coffee, and Mitch began to set it all up. There was hype to do.

"Want to do a face reveal?"

Seto felt his heart rate quicken. Oh no, no, no...

But views.

And it wasn't as if he coated himself in a complete veil anymore. As of late, his persona was more and more open. Besides, it kind of fit with the whole theme when he sat and thought about it.

"Fine."

Grinning, the Canadian slid the camera app open on his phone and angled it at Seto. Feeling his chest begin to tighten, the latter forced a smile of some awkward sorts and let himself ramble.

"Hi! You know me. I hope. Anyways, Mitch and I are gonna do a stream of Fortnite. It'll probably be twenty-four hours because both of us are massive insomniacs. Have fun. Join us. Whatever."

"Expose us," Mitch laughed, clicking the video off and saving it. Jumping up, Seto tried to peer over his shoulder, trying to catch a glimpse of himself. It didn't happen.

"You are too social to sleep," he pointed out. "I've seen you texting until, I dunno, four in the morning."

"Time zones."

"Your friends live in this fucking time zone."

Mitch shrugged him off, grinning as he uploaded to YouTube from his phone. "You don't know that."