Cinna Stix and Smoothies (Merome)

"You want a fruit smoothie?" Mitch called, shutting the fridge door, various fruits in hand with orange juice and ice already sitting on the counter.

"Not one of your fruit smoothies!" Jerome shouted back from the living room. Sighing, Mitch set everything in his grasp down, then turned back around to the fridge, grabbing spinach, and the god-forsaken carrots.

He was determined.

Making sure Jerome didn't come into kitchen, he put a couple carrots in the blender and a handful of spinach, before adding the "normal" ingredients. He put everything back where it was supposed to go, careful not to make so much noise that Jerome got suspicious. Knowing what Jerome's "specifications" were, he opened up one of the cabinets before closing it again, then mixed up the drink.

When he was finished, he poured two glasses. One in each hand, he walked around to the living room, where Jerome was a sprawled on the couch, catching up on Game of Thrones. As he saw Mitch, he scrambled to change it, because one spoiler to this show was a nightmare. Mitch would shun him for the rest of the day.

It had happened before.

Mitch set the glass on the table next to the couch before taking his own and settling down on the arm. Jerome scowled at him.

"No."

Chuckling, Mitch urged him on. "Come on, just try it. No veggies. There's sugar and a bit of ice cream."

Hesitantly, Jerome raised the glass to his lips. One sip was all it took.

He slammed the glass back down to the table, wiping his mouth. "You fucking liar!"

Mitch burst out laughing, managing to ask, "You can taste it?"

"Fuck yes, I can! And that's not just spinach! There's carrots in that shit!"

Mitch just laughed harder.

"That's not fucking funny," Jerome mumbled, sitting back with his arms crossed.

"Don't ever trust a Benj," Mitch told him, catching his breath and calming down.

"I know."

····

Mitch slammed the fridge door shut, looking at the ceiling above him, where Jerome was probably waiting.

"Jerome Robert Aceti! Get your ass down here!"

Jerome emerged, snickering, a few moments later. Mitch opened the door and pointed at the Domino's box.

"That is not fucking pasta."

Jerome just grinned at him. "No. It's Cinna Stix."

"And you ordered more?"

"And a cookie pizza. And garlic knots."

"Oh my God."

With that, Mitch stormed out of the room, leaving Jerome laughing on the kitchen floor.

"Mitch! Mitch!"

"What?!"

He paused, knowing this was risky territory. "It's better than your fruit smoothies."

Mitch slammed into the wall on his way up the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Jerome called, rushing after him. Mitch ignored him, finding Jerome's set-up, which was temporarily in his room.

"Ten goddamn glasses up here. Three empty bottles of soda. Jerome, you live in a fucking pigsty."

"Yeah, well, you're a neat freak."

Mitch just groaned, having given up. "I hate you."

"I love you too, Biggums," Jerome replied, walking up behind him and wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

"I really hate you. I really fucking hate you."

But, of course, they both knew it wasn't true.

····

Tell me I'm not the only one who finds it amazing that they can live together, with Jerome being a slob, and Mitch being a minor neat freak and a major health nut. Seriously. It's incredible.

Also, the whole Cinna Stix thing is a reference to Hunger Games 600, if you're not a stalker like I am and haven't started watching it yet.

Anyways, see you next chapter?

Baiii