Letters (TBNRCanadian)

God-fucking-damnit Preston.

You aren't even being fair anymore. This isn't funny. What are you trying to get at? I've told you before. You will never change in my eyes. You will always be the perfect son of a bitch that I love.

It doesn't matter what you say.

It doesn't matter what you do.

Why don't you just give up?

I've met Kenny. He's great, but he isn't you. Why don't you just accept that? You keep talking like we'll just be friends forever. You fucking idiot, give me a little time. I'm thousands of miles away and I just got out of a relationship with Jerome. It wasn't healthy. I'm a bit scared.

But I promise you, we'll be together soon.

I sound pretty pissed, don't I? I'm not happy, but I'm not pissed. I just wish you could see yourself through my eyes.

I'm just frustrated. I will say everything over and over, but it never gets through to you. The most it ever does is make you blush (although, that's pretty damn cute in of itself).

I'm being serious. You are my perfection, and you have been for quite some time.

Of course, I'm a wimp and I'm really awkward, so I never said it before. I really wish I told you earlier.

I worry about you. You tell me not to, but it's kind of hard to not. Just like you (wait, "to not" is spelled the same forwards and backwards... That's cool), I hate to think about what might happen to my loved ones, what life might be like without them. Naturally, you come up a lot.

I kinda like you, y'know that?

If by "like," you mean "madly in love with," of course.

Whoops.

Oh well.

You once told me that though you couldn't make it, you would be excited to see pictures from Jerome and I's wedding... Hah...

It really is funny how things worked out.

My suspicions were confirmed the moment you wrote, "I'm yours."

So are you still mine?

Are you?

For a while there, I thought you were Rob's, but he's gone now (not to bring up bad memories)...

So what happens now?

Don't think this is formal. Nothing's official. It'll still take some time on my end...

Jerome made me paranoid. Now I think everyone is just trying to use me, that they've lied to me.

Oh well...

But with time, it'll come. I'll come around. Things will work out.

And maybe it'll be Jerome who gets the pictures of us at the alter.

I bet ya never thought of that.

Love,

Mitch.