Skin Deep

Asexual. Aromantic. Argentinean.

His smile is known to light up the room. He can deliver a joke without a smile. The best drink is straight-up vodka. Spicy foods are overrated. Death is a side effect of life. He is reserved. At home, he has a book of every interesting story he has ever heard. He works at a bar. Every Thursday at eleven, he goes to the church to pray alone. Humanity deserves to be purged. The Fourth of July is hell. Somewhere, his tags lay at the bottom of a landfill.

Intersex. African.

She's allergic to the trees she's named after. A dried-out riverbed is her favorite place to be. Pictures say a thousand words, but the caption means more. Long hair is too hot for the heat of summer. Working for humanity is more honorable than fame. Politicians are not to be trusted. Her laugh is that of a faerie's. Lemons taste sweeter than oranges. Her eyes are lighter than they should be. The man who raised her was a scholar.

Asperger's. Mixed. Polygamous.

The color of his hair is his emotions. Humans are wonderful. Aliens are real. He is sweet and kind-hearted. When he leaves a mess, he forgets to finish cleaning it. Trails of mud often follow his footsteps. Gummies are better than chocolate. Mushrooms are wonderful, but lettuce is gross. Cats are angels. His eyes change with the seasons. Everything he does is infectious. He gets sick too often for his own good. Bees don't deserve the hate they get.

Transgender. Depressed. Bisexual.

Society has turned their backs on him. His dog is his life. Hospital visits can't be counted on one hand. No one suspected the bite. Long nights. Beauty in small places. The rain is therapudic. He always seems so sad. Leather jackets. Combat boots. He has done nothing but try and help, yet he is ignored. We are all a plague. There's a Rhianna poster hidden in among the punk bands. Words bounce off his skin. His favorite place is the market. Everyone has their monsters.

Lesbian. Native American.

She loves the twilight hours. Curly hair is her weakness. Words have never come easily. Internal struggles always hit the hardest. Wings are the greatest gift. Corn is underrated. American cigarettes are nasty. Her midriff is incredibly sensitive. She's guilty for not being around when her father died. She pretends to have thick skin. Only great violence around her disturbs her. 'Moist' is an okay word. 'Pants' is not.

Gay. Cross-dresser.

His horse is his life. A good shopping trip is the best escape. There is nothing wrong with prostitution. Fuck the police. A little extra weed never hurt anybody. Nothing less than six inches. Don't give into peer pressure, kids. He works as an escort. Romance hurts. The lipstick he wears is usually stolen. If he gets caught, he will be arrested. Adult life is the best opportunity for bad behavior. Keep your nails like daggers.

Representation.

Token.