Manuscript (BajanCanadian/JeromeASF)

"Your soulmate doesn't have to be the one you marry. They can just be your best friend."

····

I can't remember third grade. I don't remember much of fifth grade.

But I can recall every moment of fourth grade.

You don't forget the moment you met your closest friend. I was being a jerk, thinking about it now, sauntering up and acting as if I owned the world.

It was an act, to hide the grief of moving to a new place.

Jerome caught it, of course. He knew damn well that I wasn't happy and cheery, like I seemed.

In all honesty, he was the only one who could see through it.

Throughout high school, I'd bring him up in a conversation with my Canadian friends, and they would think we were together.

That's what started ASFCanadian.

I never took it seriously. It was just a joke, something to amuse our growing fanbase. Jerome was nothing more than my friend.

He thought the same about me, from what I saw. As far as I knew, he was content with Louise, and, if anything, liked the moving around. I, personally, couldn't handle it, because of the hate I got from my fans, but he always managed to brush it off.

I may not be in love with the man, but I've always looked up to him for that kind of thing. He's an optimist, something I could never be, and though he's tried to brighten my outlook on life, it's never really worked. I'm a pessimist to the end.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm lucky to know him, and even luckier to have him as my best friend.

I'm terrible at this stuff, I know. I'm sorry.

Jerome kept rereading the manuscript for something Mitch was planning to record.

It had to have been written long ago. After all, Mitch had been dead for three years now.

But the ink was fresh, bleeding under Jerome's fingers. It couldn't have been written by anyone else, because it was definitely Mitch's routine handwriting.

"Impossible..."

He looked up at the gravestone, where he'd found the paper. For a second, he could have sworn he saw Mitch, smiling and looking away.

····

This was supposed to turn out fluffy but then it just didn't and I'm sorry, don't kill me Rosie.

I think there's something in my mind that prevents me from writing cute things. Like, I'm serious about that. Even if I do write something semi fluffy (like Runes or Insomnia), it always has a darker backstory.

Anyways.

See ya next chapter?

Baiii!