Addiction (BajanCanadian)

Hints of Bajanless.

····

I think my obsession started when he cheated on me.

That one event left me so broken that I didn't know what to do. Something in my mind told me I wanted blood, as it always had, but it focused on him, now. His warm brown eyes, short, cropped hair, that blue hoodie he'd wrapped around me whenever he told me he loved me...

Bullshit...

I started playing the Games after we split, the drench of blood becoming hypnotizing. My once-black hoodie now sported red patches, symbolizing the scarlet wave I'd come to love. It disappointed me, knowing that my best weapon was a bow and arrow, a range.

The ones who watched me, they called me insane, and sure, I knew I was. It didn't stop me, though. I kept fighting, kept loving the scarlet death, the way it coated my skin. I just didn't have the nerve to do it in the real world.

Rather, I didn't have the nerve until I started seeing Rob around again.

He would be with someone different every time I saw him. One day, a tall, pale skinned man with blue eyes. The next, a wiry girl with doe eyes.

I've wanted to take his life since then, to prove that I'm something more than just a past fling who could be disregarded.

Now, that I was being pit against him in a fight to the death...

I hoped I would get that chance.

····

MadiRosieFF Sound familiar?

"You're not insane, biggums."

Heh. Yeah. Okay.