Open When You Want A Trip Down Memory Lane (Merome)

Open When You Want a Trip Down Memory Lane

This is going to be a long one ;)

Remember when we first met? I was so awkward and sorry. I don't remember how many times I apologized. Acting cocky wasn't my thing - still isn't, if I'm being honest. But, you were patient and kept talking, laughing at my stupidity, and I laughed at yours as days, months passed. I knew you were going to be special.

How about the eighth grade Holiday Dance? You got all dressed up, and probably pulled off formal better than I ever could. I think that's when I realized I loved you, when you came over and, since we were both single losers, asked me to be your "date." Sleeping With A Friend came on and you joked about how that was going to be us someday...

Hmm... When you first kissed me, before I moved away? You weren't sure when or if you'd see me again, so you caught me right before I left school and whirled me around, then kissed me hard. I melted. I knew I loved you, and... It was perfect. Of course, I had to ruin it, and ran away, then started texting you like nothing happened... I'm really sorry, by the way.

Can you still remember when we met up again, for the first time since freshman year, at a gaming convention? I saw you first, then ran and hugged you tight from behind. You jumped and turned around and we kind of acted like schoolgirls... I had missed you so much. I wanted nothing more than to see you again, and when I got it, I didn't think I would be ever be happier.

I'm sure you can recall our first Games. I panicked when you were killed, and almost died because of it. When you respawned with me, I didn't let you go - then again, you didn't let me go either.

How have we only now gotten together?

Anyways, what about learning we were going to be part of this tournament? You acted brave, but I knew you were scared. I tried to make it easier, seeming like I was reassuring myself, but trying to reassure you. Did it work?

I could go on, but I think I've already started the nostalgia trip. Call me, and we'll keep talking. I'd love to hear your voice.

Love,

Mitch