Anger (Merome/Bajanless)

His fingers tingled, electricity jumping through them. The same feeling jolted through his legs, specifically around his knees.

He needed to break something, but there wasn't anything.

With a cry of frustration, he threw himself at the wall, getting in a kick and a few punches before pulling away with bleeding fists. He collapsed with a sob, tears heating up his eyes and rolling down his face.

"Why?"

Pounding footsteps came from the stairs. He ignored the shouts of his name from Rob, who was his caretaker at the moment. He had no will to get up and do anything for himself.

"Why'd you have to be like that? I thought I was your everything."

Rob reached him, falling to his knees and pulling a blanket around the boy's shoulders. "Shh, Mitch... Calm down."

"Je-Jerome left me again," came the reply, utterly confused and off-topic. "He just... Walked out."

Rob rubbed small circles on his back with his palm. "Mitch... Come on. You know Jerome's been dead for a year now."

"N-No! He isn't! He's read my messages to him on Facebook! And I see him. He disappears whenever people come around, hiding. He's too ashamed of his scars."

Mitch broke off whimpering again, his entire frame trembling. Swallowing hard, Rob wrapped the blanket tighter.

Mitch used to be so strong, a fighter for and of everything he believed in. Jerome's death, a little over a year ago, had completely destroyed him, though for about ten months, he seemed to be getting better. Most recently, he'd relapsed, developing a sort of "Schizophrenia," according to the psychiatrists.

Rob sighed as Mitch started to slow his rapid breathing. "Get some sleep, buddy," he whispered, helping the Canadian up to his feet and bringing him over to his bed. "Alright? Sound decent?"

Mitch just nodded, and Rob laid him down, pulling the sheets up around him. The distressed boy gave him one last broken look, then lay his head down and shut his eyes.

Rob left the room without a second glance, but on his way out, he know he heard the, "Thank you," whispered from the shadows.

He smiled, knowing full well it wasn't Mitch.