Lies (Merome)

You're never gonna love me
So what's the use?
What's the point in playing
A game your gonna lose?

It really was a game. It was hidden, but it was a game.
Jerome would get close to me, making me fall even harder, then he'd leave for some girl.
I honestly don't know why I still play.

What's the point in saying
You love me like a friend?
What's the point in saying
It's never gonna end?

I thought I caught my break when Jerome was caught up, having to choose between Louise and Alanna.
What I didn't expect was him to leave both of them.
He played with my heart whenever he could, and, when I truthfully told him I loved him, he just scoffed and reminded me of Jess.

You're too proud to admit that
You've made a mistake
You're a coward 'till the end

It was probably the worst thing he could have said.
Jess wasn't my lover. She was more of a cover-up than anything.
I didn't see the wrong in it. The fans didn't need to know the deal Jerome and I had.
But Jerome was hot-headed and strong, meaning that he wouldn't back down from his claims.
I've started to wonder.

I don't wanna admit
That we're not gonna fit
No, I'm not the type you like
Why don't we just pretend?

He always pushes me away, saying he's straight (though I have memories to prove he's not). He's called me names I'd rather not repeat several times now, lashing out to make sure I stay back. He tells me the deal's off, but each night, he comes crawling back to me, asking for the pleasure again.

Lies, don't wanna know
Don't wanna know
I can't let you go,
Can't let you go

I ended up breaking it off with Jess, and that's when Jerome's torture became unbearable.
"Go find another girl, slut!"
"You aren't coming to me!"
"Fuck off, whore."
This time, he left the house.
And he never came back.

I just want it to be perfect
Believe that's it's all
Been worth the fight

Lachlan, who was visiting from Australia at the time, and was asleep last night, asked me repeatedly where Jerome was, and if I was okay. Every time, I answered with, "I don't know," because it was the truth.
I was more numb than anything else. Jerome was gone, but it didn't hurt. Not like I thought it would.
I didn't want him gone; that much was for sure.
I just wasn't clear on how I should take it.

Lies, don't wanna know
Don't wanna know

I checked his channel later that night. He had a new upload, a solo Party Games, but that was it.
I wanted to watch it. I really did. I was just scared that I'd find something I didn't want to hear.
Or that it was a back-up video.

You only touch me
In the dark
Only when we're drinking
Can you see my spark

What ended up consuming my night was old videos, everything from Watermelon Massacre, to the more recent Ireland Vlog. I could remember when I kissed him that night, and Rob, being the jag he was, posted it.
That little kiss was only the start of our deal.
Exiting the video, I bit my lip and checked the time.
Four in the morning.
I had back-up videos, but most were with Jerome, and I didn't want to post something false. I scrolled through my pre-recordeds, finding one with Preston, Lachlan, and I, and posted that, along with my only other Jerome-free video, an episode of HTM.

And only in the evening could
You give yourself to me
Cause the night is your woman,
And she'll set you free

It went on like this for a couple of days, most of my recording sessions with Lachlan, or Rob, and the fans started to notice.
Neither Jerome or I had had a video with the other for a week now.
Scouring the comments, I decided to tweet a quick message, and wait.
"Jerome and I got into a bit of a fight. I'm sorry for the lack of videos with him."
Not at all like my usual self, and they picked up on it.
Within in hour, Jerome tweeted an even more heart-wrenching message.
"It's the end of Benja and Bacca as we know it..."

You're too proud to admit that
You've made a mistake
You're a coward 'till the end

I shut off my moniter after reading the message, only to receive a phone call shortly after.
Jerome.
Preparing for the verbal hate, I picked up. "What?"
"I'm sorry."
Unsure of how to react like that, I apologized back.
"Will you meet me at Dockside?"
I chuckled at the offer. "I guess... Where have you been staying?"
"Hotel."
I knew I wasn't getting much more out of him, so I agreed to his offer, hung up, and rushed to get ready.

I don't wanna admit
That we're not gonna fit
No, I'm not the type you like
Why don't we just pretend?

"Where are you going? Hot date?"
"No," I told Lachlan, grabbing my keys. "I have to meet Jerome."
"Have to. Right."
Glaring at him, I stumbled outside and stepped into the driver's seat.
Why was I so excited?
I'm madly in love with him, and he's crawling back to me.
Brushing it off, I turned the engine and started the drive.
As we planned, I pulled up in front of the restaurant, and Jerome was waiting for me by the front door.
It was silent between us as we walked inside, and as he quickly asked for a table. We were sat down, and that's when he decided to start talking.
"I overreacted."
"Just a little," I tease him, setting down my menu and ordering a water. Jerome eyed me before ordering a Zombie.
"Don't make me drive you home," I sighed, and Jerome smirked.
"Maybe I only came to get drunk."
"Maybe you should have come to apologize face to face."
He flinched as if I had hit him, and I regretted my words immediately.

Lies, don't wanna know
Don't wanna know
I can't let you go,
Can't let you go

"I'm sorry," he mumbled.
"Don't be... I shouldn't have pressured you."
"You didn't pressure me... I only lashed out because I didn't want to admit I was in love with you."
I smiled slightly. "That's what I thought."
The waiter brought our drinks, and I told her what I wanted. Or course, since Jerome was completely unprepared, I ended up ordering for him.