Thorn.

Do you remember?

That's a silly question. Of course you remember. I guess a better question would be, Do you like to remember? Do the memories make you happy, or do they drive that thorn further into your heart? I know what I did was wrong, but you aren't off scotch-free either.

He shut his eyes, minimizing the browser as he heard footsteps in the doorway.

“Hey, Alex and I were-- Mitch? What're you watching?”

He felt it as Jerome hovered over his shoulder, slowly reaching around to grab his mouse. Chrome popped back open, and he heard Jerome suck in a breath.

“When… When was that?”

“A couple days ago. I saw a few fans talking about it in the comments.”

“I thought he was gone…”

“We all did. I don't think anyone but Ty really knew the truth.”

Jerome blinked, straightening up. He ignored his friend, slowly clicking out of the window again.

“Is he posting again?”

“Not on his own channel, but he's got two series’ going on Psy’s.”

“Whoa…”

They both fell quiet. Mitch swallowed hard.

“Well… You and Alex going to the store?”

“No, out for dinner… Did you want to go with us?”

He shook his head. “Nah… I don't feel too great.”

Jerome bit his lip. Mitch wasn't one to turn down food. This must have him worked up, but this wasn't something he could help with, either.

This was Mitch's own battle.

“Alright… I'll bring you back something.”

Mitch nodded. “Thanks.”

“No problem.”

Jerome padded away, and Mitch's head hit the table. His eyes squeezed shut.

I'm not sure about you. I'll probably never ask you. I don't think I'll ever talk to you again, honestly… But it only drives a thorn into my heart. Thinking about it, I mean… Maybe yours is pain.

Mine is guilt.

---

Hey I'm not dead.