Vici

When Maximillian Forrest fell for Jacob Dwyn, he blamed it on himself. The past three relationships he had had utterly flopped, and had the elder boy not booted his way back into Max's life, dating wouldn't haved even crossed his mind for years. Romance was overrated.

Fuck it, humanity was overrated.

Still, he didn't expect it to last long, or be returned. Jacob was the kind of person to flirt with anyone, and happened to stumble into a few relationships of his own. Every one of these was quickly broken, of course, though that was usually at the fault of Max. The two were never really more than acquaintances (teachers always seemed to think they worked together well, so they were often sat by each other), although Max offered advice to Jacob when it was needed. His flirtatious nature was usually unknown to him, after all, and someone had to rein him in.

The fact that he was attractive was just a plus.

Despite their infrequent meetings, Max felt something for Jacob. Whether it was truly love was debatable. Jealousy was often accompanied by whatever he felt, true, but Max was also clingy and often grabbed onto whatever two people could stand him that month.

Max bit his lip and didn't say anything for quite a few months. Blissfully ignorant, Jacob went on and minded his own business. In that time, though, he made continuous advances on Max, which sent the younger boy's head spinning. His nights were often spent absorbed in thoughts of Jacob, and after these few months passed, he was convinced he was in love with the man. Perhaps it wasn't the best judgement, but it was clear in his mind. That was what mattered to him.

On the night before an impromptu school dance, Jacob insisted Max go with him. This panicked Max quicker and more efficiently than anything else anyone had ever said to him, and that was definitely saying something as he had suffered from clinical anxiety his whole life. A tiny, truly miniscule detail that he often refused to mention was that the school did not read him as Maximillian. They read him as Maxine. Obviously Jacob knew of Max's gender identity and never seemed to mind, so that wasn't the problem. The issue laid in the school's strict dress code that meant Max would have to chance the teachers accepting him as male.

The South wasn't very forgiving on topics like this.

That alone made him wary of the dance, but he went regardless. Jacob was dressed up quite handsomely and Max was sure he flushed red several times. Luckily for him, no teacher looked at him the wrong way. (Unbeknownst to him, this was because the teachers for his grade frequently discussed his gender in faculty meetings and eventually gave up on assigning him one.) Besides this, though, the night was particularly uneventful. It wasn't until the following morning that things started to pick up.

After jumping off his bus, Max quickly noticed Jacob waiting timidly by the door to their first class. 'Timid' wasn't a word to describe Jacob with, so this immediately set off alarm bells. Seeing him look so uneasy was almost like a victory. Finally, his - friend? Would you call it a friend? - was understanding a pain he felt every day.

School dragged on as per usual. It was made infinitely more awkward by Jacob's blunt refusal to acknowledge Max's existence. Why this was occurring Max still didn't know, though he suspected it had something to do with the previous hesitance. After the last bell rang, Max did ask once. This was something that required him to step far out of his comfort zone. It was quickly shot down by a cold shoulder.

Max swiftly resigned himself from pestering Jacob again, and decided to simply wait it out.

His patience eventually showed profit. Roughly two weeks after the ordeal started, Jacob came back to him and what little friendship they had had before was quickly amplified. Max was starting to come out of his shell. Astronomical, his ex would have called it.

He didn't want to think about his ex.

The two healed at a more rapid pace than expected. Jokes were cracked between them, and teachers that had once respected the silence they had would notice the whispers in class. Their work never dropped quality, though, so they didn't pay too much attention to it. Even with Jacob's relative popularity, no one mentioned the sudden changes. It didn't seem to be worth mentioning. In a sense, the students of the school who had been watching had expected it.

Max discovered a week later that the change was fueled by Jacob's burning desire for him. Those were the exact words that little Stella Nill told him. She had been a mutual friend (although Max was insistent she was just an acquaintance), and always had an urge to gossip. Smiling, she recounted that Jacob had quite the "stirring in his loins."

Besides having a big mouth, Stella was also known to write horrible slam poetry.

After choosing to drop the word "loins," Max confronted Jacob about the rumor. The elder boy, clearly not worried, laughed off the matter and looked him dead in the eye. There, he simply told Max that of course he found him attractive.

He had a thing for transguys.

A fetish, if you would.

The two never spoke again. Max was convinced that everything Jacob had shown was just a lust. Transmen were few in number in the area, so really, it shouldn't have been surprising. Why wouldn't his friend target him? Why should he have some sort of good luck?

In a moment, as he boarded the bus without looking back (really, he wished it was more dramatic), Max decided that humans were too complex. He convinced himself that the world was out to get him, and he found himself shutting down again. Four months of progress were instantly undone as the phrase, "I am not your fetish," repeated itself in his head.

Romance never found it's way to him.

Jacob would later get the shit smacked out of him by a transwoman who was done with his crap. She was quite furious with him. This news sadly never reached Max.

---

Unedited, original, and not canon to Max's storyline.

In his legit story, he ends up with Jazz (who intentionally has the last name of Dwyn). Max's dog Banjo brings them together because he ends up lost. Jazz brings him back. It's not the most interesting story.

But I digress.

I did this all in one shot and I guess it's a vent? There's a few things in here I'm really irritated about right now but they're kinda subtle.

This'll probably ended up deleted.