fifteen

Blake Day

Blake Day

The hardest choice that you have to make is always the right choice, right?

My father and I never had the relationship that I had wished to have with him. They say to never mix business with pleasure, but my dad must've thought family was included within that.

My mom would always be the team mom, she would always throw the parties after games. She would always pack me, extra sweets, that way she made sure I had a good day.

However, I think it's to make up for the fact that I had only my mother's love, never my father's.

Dad and I did have some good moments, some really good moments. He was the reason why I picked up the football, he was the reason why I wanted in politics, I had just always wanted him to be proud of me.

Whatever I wanted, I had been given.

My first car? A black Range Rover that I drove off the lot. He didn't want me throwing parties at the house? Bought me a lake house to have parties in. He sponsored all of my sports teams so I had the best playing time and the best equipment.

So, I guess this means that I would do anything for him as long as it benefitted me.

"Damage control? Dad, I have a game—I need some rest and you do too." My eyes winced at the brightness of the phone screen. He shook his head. "Blake, you're missing a huge opportunity for yourself right now. This is a business move." He reasoned with me.