sixty-seven

Sloane Beck

Sloane Beck

They say that you only live once but you die twice.

Well, I think I've endured enough suffering that I've been killed—literally manslaughter at least a hundred times. Marry me, Sloane? Who the hell did that lanky Penn State kicker think he was?

Staring out the window near the doors of the lobby I watched as Caden stormed off and Blake stood watching him walk away. My heart was in my stomach as I tried to really capture what the hell just happened.

Thanksgiving dinner was an absolute shit show.

Caden Wright was an absolute shit show.

But one thing I knew of for sure? I was still in love with Blake Day.

Biting my lip, I watched as he walked towards his car. He was getting ready to leave, I left him outside with a mess that Blake knowingly would be happy to clean up. But I was sad watching him walk closer and closer to his car.

I was sad because I didn't want him to go.

I felt my tough guard slipping as I inwardly groaned. Clenching and unclenching my fists I tried to find a better outcome than just chasing him down. Did I forgive him for what he did? He apologized and I knew he knew what he did was wrong. I knew that he would do anything to win me back.

But there was a part of myself that was screaming at me—telling me I was dumb if I forgave him. If I forgave him now, who's to say he wouldn't try to purposefully hurt my feelings again?

But we had come so far from where we were. We used to be in between the lines but now we're on the fucking line together, walking, dancing, running, jogging- we were on the line doing it together.

"God damnit—stupid fucking heart," I mumbled as I finally broke loose.

The kiss he planted on my lips in the car earlier—it had to of fucked with me. I mean, a small taste of any addiction would fuck with someone. To be without your medicine for so long only to have it for a small period of time—fuck I was losing it.