fifty-four

Blake Day

Blake Day

"Blondie," I shook her awake as she moaned, curling into my bare chest more. I let out a chuckle as she accidentally forgot the ring was on her finger—scratching my arm with it.

"Blondie, I have to go," I called out to her again.

"No you don't—shut up and close your eyes." She mumbled letting out a deep exhale. My smile was growing on my face, wider by the second as she continued to shit talk to me in her sleep.

"You're going to be pissed at me if you wake up and I'm not next to you," I whispered into her ear. I placed a kiss on her right temple, she sighed. Slowly opening her bright blue eyes she spoke, "I could never be mad at you, Ken."

Wrapping her arms around my neck, she buried her face next to her arms. I let out a loud laugh as she used the nickname we had both become too fond of. Moments like this with her made my heartbeat and my world stop.

Including my heartbeat—everything else in my world revolved around her.

"When are you coming home?" She whispered as I hummed. "I don't know but if you want to come—at any time, just let me know. I'll get a car service and the jet—whenever you need me to if you need me to." She blinked at my words.

Running her fingers through my hair, my eyes nearly rolled back at the euphoric feeling. Let out a throaty moan as she pulled at it, she giggled. "Don't leave me," She whispered. Sighing, I frowned.