fifty-three

Sloane Beck

Sloane Beck

Halloween is the equivalent of Thanksgiving in my opinion.

So much candy.

So many calories.

In Russia—it wasn't seen as the right thing to do when the orphanage kids went trick or treating. So we weren't allowed—mainly because of the religious foster home I was in. It was deemed as worshipping or summonsing the devil forever considering to go out dressed up as a bumblebee.

When I came to America though—it was a whole new ballgame. It was seen as tacky to go around, begging for candy when you were rich. For Halloween, I would say trick or treat and have a new Birkin bag thrown at my feet.

But college was normal—I felt like Halloween was normal here. However, just because something is normal doesn't mean it was something I could adapt to.

"Trick or treat! Can I smell your feet!" Finn burst through my doors before scoffing. "Whore—what are you doing! Let's go! Get up!" She clapped her hands at me. I wasn't getting up and I wasn't a whore.

Anymore.

But even if I was a whore—at least I would be Blake's whore.

I just didn't feel like getting up today—or at all. My heart was weighing me down at the moment.

He literally hadn't been on his phone once today.

How hard was it to send a fucking text?

"Come on—your costume is so cute!" I raised my eyebrows. I didn't buy a costume?

"What costume?" I asked, sitting up and rolling off of my bed. She smirked at me before waving her finger.

"Guess you'll have to use your legs and come see!" She teased. Sighing, I followed her very peppy ass out of my bedroom. She was too energetic for a person whose boyfriend had been ignoring them all day.

Even if it wasn't intentional—it still hurt. How can you not talk to the person you're supposed to love for an entire day? How could you do that?