seventy-two

Dear whoever is reading this,

Hold On.

And don't let go.

I was so scared I was so sick and tired of holding on that I forgot how to enjoy moments with the people that I loved and held closest to my heart. I forgot what it was like to wear a genuine smile on my face. I was in such disconnect from the world around me because I hated myself.

I hated the way I looked.

I hated the way I was made.

I hated everything about me.

But it's just all mental games and for years I struggled to come to the fact that I would never be able to cure the lack of happy receptors that my brain proteins couldn't ping.

Until I met him.

Until I met someone who reminded me what it was like to love myself again. He was the reason for my smiles today. He was the reason why I only cried tears of joy at the moment. He was the reason I was meant to hold on.

Some people, some circumstances were meant to happen in your life only to make you stronger. It's not karma—it's just life and I am so sorry that this had to happen to you.

But just hold on, okay?

Hold on because we'll get through this together.

I was so sad one year ago today. I cried to the boy whom I thought I loved about how much I wished that I could die only to come to find out that he was cheating on me the entire time.

Sometimes life sets you up for failure to set you up for success.

And in a year from now, when you're staring at yourself in the mirror, rubbing the rosiness off of your cheeks caused by the smile on your face you'll realize that those moments were such a tiny, unimportant thing to happen to you. All of those moments lead to now.

To who you are when you stare in the mirror.

When you're happy.

Some people's medicine could be a stuffed animal, books, writing, movies, but my medicine was him.

I hated it when people say that you couldn't use other people for your own happiness and your own medicine. But truly, if your person couldn't cheer you up when you are sad then they really shouldn't be your person.

But he was everything to me.

He saved me in every way someone could be saved.

The way he smiled.

The way he wiped my tears as they fell from my eyes to my cheeks.

The way he spoke.

The way he kissed my forehead.

The way he kissed my body.

The way that he loved me.

He was my medicine and it was a cure like no other.

Be open and accepting to everyone because you may be their medicine too.

Love makes people sick? Sure.

But love also heals people.

So hold on.

For me, hold on.

Because you'll find your happiness, your medicine soon.

All of my love forever,

Bologna.

Besties,

Besties,

It has been the time of my life writing book number two for you.

I am so proud of this story and what it has done for all of you.

I can't thank you all enough for all of your support, your commenting, your voting. The dedication for Blake and Sloane has been unreal. I can't fathom what life will be like writing not in Blake and Sloane's point of view but I am excited to see what the future holds.

The next story is Ellie and Reese, which is book number three. November 20, 2021 is when the FIRST official chapter drops.

I'm going to take some time off- time to rest because I have written TWO NOVELS in under a year.

I am forever thankful for everything that you guys have done for me.

We are forever best friends and I hope to see you guys in Reese and Ellie's comment section. Please come back and reread and don't forget about me. I love you all.

xoxo,

for the last time in this book

Naomi.

vote and comment and connect with me during this off time!

instagram: thinkingofthoughtswrites
Tiktok: thinkingofthoughtswrites
Twitter: naomijadeblack

thank you for everything. I will miss you all. Thank you for being my happiness.

 Thank you for being my happiness