nineteen

Sloane Beck

Sloane Beck

He better not make me regret this.

"The only reason I said yes is that you were being a nosy little shit behind me," I spoke to Finn as we walked across the campus. She let out a laugh, "We both know that's not true. You were going to say yes to him anyways." It was my turn to laugh.

"Finn, no I wasn't. He's a jerk. With a capital J E R K—" She cut me off. "I know how to spell jerk dumbass, but you were giving him the eyes!" She searched through her purse for her phone, pulling it out.

"What eyes?" I exclaimed as she wiggled her eyebrows at me. "The sex eyes!" We both laughed. "He's not a nice person, Finn." I remind her as she nodded. "I disagree," I stop walking.

"Don't stop walking because you disagree with my opinion. I sit back and observe more than talking to people. I hear things and I observe. He's not a bad person, he just has bad people controlling him. You never know what's underneath those clothes in that shallow heart of his." We continued to walk.

"I think you're scared of him," I gave her a no-shit look.

"Have you seen that man? He's the most intimidating person I've ever met." Blake Day looked like he was the modern-day father of the Mafia. Not to mention the army of people he had surrounding him at his beck and call.

Blake Day was a force to be reckoned with on this campus.

"I think you guys are more similar than you think however you're trying to find every reason to hate him because he isn't my brother." My mouth dropped open in shock at the load of bullshit flowing from her mouth.

"I mean, I get it he's a jerk. He's done some shitty things. But you've been so closed off to relationships since my brother. If anything, make my brother think that you don't give two shits about him. My point being, you shouldn't even give him two shits. He cheated on you. You should be the bad bitch in this situation." I had to laugh.

"Finn, Blake is a jerk." I think everyone knew this. "Yes, but people can change. Look at Matti! I'm not saying you have to fall in love with him, all I'm saying is Blake could open up doors for you. He has more substance to him than what you have seen, Sloane." I've seen way more than enough substance to know that this guy was a downright jerkface, unforgettable asshole, that didn't deserve anything that he had.