sixty-three

Sloane Beck

Sloane Beck

"He loves you, he loves you not. He loves you, he loves you not. He loves you, he loves you not. He loves-" I cut Finn off.

"Okay Finn—I get it. Truly, I know you're trying to help me but it's not helping". I watched as she frowned, setting the flower and the petals that she had picked off to the side.

"You can go out and party, you know? You don't have to babysit me." I spoke. She huffed out a breath before crossing her legs. It had just hit midnight—officially Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania.

But what the literal fuck did I have to be thankful for?

I could be thankful for the fact that I could eat the food now.

But my heart was in my stomach so I didn't feel like fucking eating food.

I just wanted Blake back—my Blake back.

"Your fingernails look gnarly," She whispered, reaching for my fingers that had suffered the worst of the heartbreak and ache. I was an anxious chewer and biter which meant that it left me with little to no nail or skin around the nail.

"Come on—we can get drunk together and watch soap operas?" She nudged me as I shrugged. I hated this feeling.

The feeling that I was back to square one and everyone felt bad for me again. My eating disorder news was out there—my heart was broken, everyone was making sure that I didn't relapse.

They didn't actually want to hang out with me.

They just wanted to make sure that I wasn't relapsing on their watch.

"I want you to go out tonight," I encouraged her as she sighed, letting out a chuckle. "Eenie meenie mineie moe—Sloane Beck you're being a dumb hoe." I raised my eyebrows at her rhyme.

"Roses are red violets are blue, Finn—fuck you." I shoved her playfully.

"Phee phi pho phum, you are no fun." She glared at me.

"Enough! Go out!" I pointed towards the door. She groaned, uncrossing her legs. "It's no fun partying without you." She whined.

I blinked at her, "But I would be no fun going out either. So just go have fun—get drunk for me." I suggested. She hesitated—considering my words.