forty-three

THIS IS PART ONE OUT OF TWO! SURPRISE DOUBLE UPDATE!

Sloane Beck

Love is a funny thing.

It makes you do silly things.

"What are your intentions with my son," I choked at her invasive question. I wasn't expecting her niceness to just—melt away. Her tone wasn't mean, it was more accusing.

Shaking my head, I gave her a confused look. "My intentions with your son are to make him happy—to make him a better person." She inhaled deeply, looking out at the view.

"You don't think he's a good person right now?" She was inquisitive. I wasn't exactly going to lie to her—why would I lie to her? There was no need for me to lie to her. Shrugging, I gave her a slight nod.

"I think he's a better person when he's with me rather than when he's not." My voice stood as strong as my opinion. No—it was a fact. I was speaking one hundred percent the cold hard truth.

Her son treated me like shit—granted I threw it right back at him, but her son treated me like the scum of the earth. I didn't have to give him the time of day, but I did. I had hope.

If there was anything that Caden taught me is that hope is a horrible thing to believe in.

To even think about hope brings me chills —but I took that leap of faith with Blake Daniel Day.

Because he deserved a chance that most didn't give. They only wanted him for his surface area, not to dig at what's underneath. And after I found out what was underneath—I wanted to be with him all over again.

On the outside, he was cruel, cold, and mean.

But when he was with his friends and family—he loved to laugh and smile. He loved hugs, and he loved forehead kisses.

He—was the best thing to ever of happened to me.

Even if he put me through hell over the summer...