seventeen

Happy one hundred thousand besties! Be sure you read chapter 17 & 18 because this is a double update! Xoxo

Sloane Beck

"So what happened with you and Reese, we never talked about that!" I sipped on my latte as I watched the redhead and brunette scramble. "Which one of us you asking?" Finn chuckled as I nodded towards Ellie.

"Ellie. We all know what happened with you, Miss 'I have cum dripping out of me'." I laughed as Ellie tried to dig herself deeper in the chair.

"Don't be all shy now Ellie, you can tell us." Finn urged her as Ellie shook her head. "No, it's so bad. Every single guy on the football team avoids me like the plague now. It used to be only half of them, but it's every single one of them since the party." I had to hold back my smile.

It had been three days since the party that had wiped me out for a day. Between the tears and the drinking, my hangover was the worst I had ever had.

After Blake had left the room, I had fallen asleep in the bed until Reese came and woke me up the next day. I would've left right after both incidents but I just didn't have the fight in me to leave Reese's room and to engage in another argument with Blake again.

Blake Day wasn't worth it.

"No seriously though, spill. What did Reese say? What did Blake say?" I pestered Ellie as she sighed. Throwing her hands up in the air, "Reese was telling me about who he was, and although I already knew who he was he didn't know who I was. I thought he knew I was who I was, but he didn't. And then something happened that Blake found us ready to enter Reese's bedroom and Blake just geeked." Finn let out a laugh.

"It's not funny," Ellie lectured as Finn nodded. "Yes, it is. Blake Day cockblocked you." I snorted as Ellie crossed her arms over her chest.

"I wasn't going to do anything with him. It would've just been nice for me to be able to talk to someone that didn't know who I was." She was sad.

And I can admit, I could feel like that too. New York City was a small place, but word travels fast in the Upper East Side of the city.

"Mitch didn't know you though, right?" I asked coming out of my thought as she nodded. "Yes, exactly. He thought I was the team trainer or whatever. It's nice when a cute boy woos you without a motive."

Yep, I know the feeling.

"Speaking of Mitch, Sloane—care to tell us why he came running back to campus to tell us that you and Blake are dating?" I was waiting for this one. I took another sip of my latte, "It was a joke to get Mitchell off my back." Finn raised an eyebrow.

"But you were pictured with him the next day?" Does an NDA count if you're not with the person anymore?

But it was word vomit—I couldn't stop it from falling out of my mouth because it was coming fast anyways. It was so embarrassing to even think I was about to own up to what I had to own up to.