forty

Blake Day

Blake Day

Seeing her at peace with me meant that I felt peace.

That peace was only when I was with her though—seeing the smile on her face, hearing her laugh, watching her combust with happiness and pleasure brought me peace. In some sick and fucked up way it made me feel like my heart could've beat out of my chest.

But when I was alone it was a completely different story.

I wanted to kill myself.

I was suffocating in self-hatred.

"I wanna talk to you and Sloane this weekend, Blake. It's almost the end of September which means that we'll be entering October—" His voice made me want to jump off a cliff. I cut him off with a smart remark.

"No shit dad," I mocked, biting my fingernails and spitting them out to the side. I sat widespread on the bench press. It was very early in the morning—I tend to do my workouts before anyone else gets into the weight room.

I could channel in on my anger that way.

"The first article is going to be dropped today," I groaned into the phone. "Nope—I won't allow this. Don't you dare start feeling bad for the enemy," He protested my groan as I chuckled.

You were the enemy now, dad.

To everyone.

"Oh for fucks sakes, she's not a bad person at all dad. Truly, she's a fucking perfect and impeccable human being. But what you've done is wedge everyone against each other in this fucking country like we have to hate people who disagree with us! It shouldn't be that way!" I laughed through my rant.

It was silent on the other end for a moment.

Good, I hope it was kicking in that I didn't care whosever side she was on because I was on hers.

I was in too deep. I had already fed the information, the republicans on my dad's side already knew- It would look bad on me if I backed out. The less harsh information that was given- the better.