twenty-seven

Blake Day

Blake Day

Somehow in between all of the craziness, I found a moment for myself to collect my thoughts.

Right after dinner, I received a phone call. Wanting to press the decline button, my finger hovered over the red instead of the green. But I couldn't ignore the call because one missed call would turn into two, two would turn into twenty.

I didn't have that much time to spend talking to my dad and it would be easier to get the conversation over now rather than later.

Escaping to Matti's for the weekend was exactly what I needed. He was someone that kept me grounded, someone who made me feel normal—my best friend.

So could my father blame me for not wanting to answer his phone call when I knew it would ruin the relaxing time that I was having? With a large sigh, a quick observance of making sure I was alone—I accepted the phone call.

"What?" I asked—I wasn't in the mood for talking. Even if he was my key—my ticket to getting into my dream job, I didn't enjoy talking to the bastard.

He only talked to me when he wanted something.

Like how Ben was with Naomi funnily enough.

"Blake Daniel, is that how you greet your father?" His demonizing voice rang through the phone. "Sorry, I'm kind of busy right now. I'm balls deep in a bunny," I hope he would hang up on me.

Instead, a chuckle was heard on the line. "Well, if you are son—I'm disappointed because you aren't doing the job right because it sounds pretty silent on the other line." I bit my lip.

"What do you want dad? It's my weekend off I'm trying to enjoy it." He sighed. "You're right Blake, I shouldn't have called it is your weekend off." Finally, some sympathy from this insensitive dickhead.

I was under enough pressure as it was.

Football wasn't the same without Matti we were working ten times harder.
School was hard, my classes were difficult.
My mind demons were battling with each other.